01-01-2010 until 04-06-2099
Freebie & Deals Forum Guidelines for Posting Offers- Please Read
Welcome to the Freebies & Deals boards, here are a few general guidelines to get you started! This forum is for free items that you can send away for and receive in your mailbox. There are 2 exceptions- Kindle Book Downloads and free Apps for mobile devices. Due to the overwhelming number of free software programs that are available for download on the internet, we do not post/share these- as we are not able to verify that they are virus/spam free or legit.
- General Posting Rules
- Common Posting Errors
- How do I get Freebies?
- Legit or Spam- How to Tell
- Bumping Old Offers
General Posting Rules for the Freebies Forum-
1. Please DO Submit new Freebies- once you've entered the title of your post click on the "Tab" key and a box will automagically pop up to let you see whether or not your item has already been shared!
2. Rule of thumb: Freebies usually last about a week, at most before they expire or run out. If a freebie is less than 3 days old and the deal is no longer available, please click on the report button and let us know it is "Dead Deal".
If you see in the topic icon you'll know the deal has already been reported as dead.
3. Referral Links, links to or through other freebie sites, competitor links are not permitted and will result in infractions or banning.
4. Please do NOT post your personal details (phone & address) in our forums.
How to Sign up for the Freebies you see in our forums:
- Click on the link in the thread
- Enter your information THERE on the site that is actually providing the offer.
- Please do not post your name/address in offer thread on grocerybudget101
5. When Posting Freebies, please post a few details about the freebie and THEN Share the Link to the site offering the freebie. Please do not post the link first and then the details. This makes it easier for those reading the forums via RSS Feeds to see details about the freebie being offered.
6. Bumping Older Threads- most of the freebies last less than a week, reply to a topic that is several months old "bumps" the old "dead" freebie to the top of the list- which gives people the idea that it's available again, when it isn't. Please refrain from bumping old topics.
Common Posting Errors
When posting the url (link) to your offer, be sure that you've added 2 spaces before and 2 spaces after, particularly if you're using smilies in your post. If you forget the space and add a smilie or text- the link will not function.
How to Tell Legit Freebies from SPAM
Don't be taken in by Spam Mongers, Learn how to tell the difference! Our friend Liss has created this great guideline for learning to decipher true offers from spam mongers.
Legit Freebies vs Spam- how to Tell
WAIT! I Still Don't Get it, How do I get Freebies??
1. Register for the Forums.
2. Log in with your Registered Username.
3. Click on the Freebies Forum
4. Click on the Freebie Thread (The offer that interests you)
5. Click on the link in the post/thread and then go to the Site it directs you to, fill out your information and the freebies will come.
1. Will I get them all?
no, sometimes the offers run out.
2. Will GroceryBudget101.com Send me the Freebies I see on the site?
No, the freebies are from companies not affiliated with our site. The offers are found on the internet, newsprint, magazine and television. We cannot guarantee you'll receive them.
3. Can I just post my personal info on the forum and receive all the freebies that are offered?
No, you must Click on the link in the post/thread and then go to the Site it directs you to, fill out your information to send for the free items.
4. Is there an easier way to fill out all of my information without typing it every single time??
Yes, You can download and auto form filler such as Roboform