Evacuation Tuna Pasta Salad
Evacuation tuna salad is a super easy, quick recipe that can be thrown together for dirt cheap eats for hoards of people during difficult times- like if you have to evacuate due to incoming storms (Hurricanes, Torrential downpours, flooding, etc). Pasta can be cooked ahead of time and frozen for fast
grab and go meals.
Optional Add-ins (Choose 1 or more, if desired):
- 1 box Rotini Pasta, cooked, drained, cooled
- 2 cans Tuna, drained
- 1/2 bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bottle Ranch Dressing (your favorite kind) ( here I used my own copycat hidden valley dressing)
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped celery
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Combine everything together, stir well, sprinkle with salt, pepper and a sprinkle parmesan cheese just before serving. This makes a simple, super fast throw together that is filling and relatively healthy meal for 6-8 people for under $5 total.
If using homemade dressing that does not contain oil, add 1 t. of olive oil to the pasta/veggies, stir well to coat, THEN add the dressing to the salad. Otherwise, the pasta will absorb the liquid of the dressing and it will be dry.