* 4 medium bell peppers, any color you have
* 8 ounces ground pork sausage
* 1 1/2 cups chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
* 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (optional)
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
* 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
* 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Carefully cut the tops of the bell peppers off & dice them up (just the tops!). Gently scoop out the insides (seeds and veins) discarding them, avoid puncturing the pepper. Set the 4 prepared peppers aside while you prepare the yummy filling!
In a large skillet, crumble the sausage and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink. Add onions, the diced pepper, celery. Cook over medium heat until vegetables soften, add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute.
Add the cooked rice, mixing well. Season lightly with a dash of salt and pepper, & creole seasoning. Remove from heat and add green onions & parsley.
Lightly season the inside of the peppers with salt & pepper, spoon the rice/sausage mixture into each pepper, stuffing well.
Add 1/3c. water to the bottom of the dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and brown and warmed through. Serve while still hot!
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / DreamBigPhotos