* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar or sherry
* 1 tablespoon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 2 inch pieces
* Fresh Pineapple cut into slices
* 1/2 c. fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces, juice reserved
* 1 T. Cornstarch
* 1/4 c. cold water
* Leftover Marinade
In a small bowl mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Soak 10-12 Wooden Skewers in a tall glass of water. This prevents the skewers from burning during cooking.
Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers. Now, you're left with some tasty leftover marinade. If you'd like to baste your chicken during cooking, you can make a light basting sauce. In a small sauce pan add the leftover marinade (with pineapple pieces) over medium heat, stirring occasionally. While it is heating in a small
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken kebabs 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the pineapple slices, grill lightly on both sides.
Alternatively, you could use canned pineapple chunks and make Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by alternating pieces of chicken and pieces of pineapple.