These delicious morsels can be baked in ramekins, muffin tins or made into party appetizers by using Mini-muffin
- 13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 c. baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 T Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
Slice french bread loaf into 4 equal size slices, (cut loaf in half, cut each piece in half again to get 4 even pieces)
Flatten the dough until it about 3" across and place into each prepared ramekin.
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add coarsely chopped spinach for 2 minutes, add garlic and stir gently for another minute, remove from heat.
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add the seasonings, cooked spinach/garlic blend, Parmesan Cheese, Mixing until well combined. Carefully scoop dip into each of the centers of french bread bowls. A small ice cream scoop works wonderfully, but a tablespoon also
Sprinkle the top of each bread bowl with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes. The edges should just be turning brown. Remove from oven, let set for 3-5 minutes before removing from ramekin. Be careful, contents are very hot and may ooze out onto your hands!
Serve as is, or for a light lunch, serve with a garden salad.