Items harvested from the garden include: about 40lbs of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, okra, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, eggplant, carrots and radishes.
We purchased the following: cream cheese, Almond Milk, Artisan lettuce, mushrooms, bananas, bread, sour cream, apples, fresh cherries, fresh raspberries, yogurt
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Toasted English Muffins with Homemade Blackberry Jam
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Apple Pecan Breakfast Oatmeal
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Morning Sunrise (Egg over easy with fresh sliced garden tomato & slice of cheese)
- Peach Melba Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Espresso Refrigerator Oatmeal - (our oldest LOVES these for snacks, so...)
- Vanilla Raspberry Swirl Oatmeal
Monday July 15th:
- Lunch: Leftover Baked Beans
- Dinner: Mexican Fiesta No Bake Casserole
Tuesday July 16th:
- Lunch: Leftover Mexican Fiesta in Tortilla wraps
- Dinner: Sausage & Tomato Stuffed Grilled Zucchini
Wednesday July 17th
Thursday July 18th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chili Mac
- Dinner: Honey Dijon Marinated Chicken & Zucchini Parmesan Crisps, Cucumber Salad
Friday July 19th:
- Lunch: Grilled Chicken Wraps with Leftover honey dijon chicken meat
- Dinner: Syrian Stuffed Squash with a Twist!
Saturday July 20th: Weather is called for high 90's so we're opting for Cooler dishes!
- Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches
- Dinner: Halibut BLT's with Dijon Caper Mayo
Sunday July 21st:
- Midday: Hitting the lake with friends in the pontoon- bringing spicy corn stuffed tomatoes (Incidentally, the corn is fresh- we traded several pounds of tomatoes for them)
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, Fresh blueberries, Fresh blackberries, pears (picked locally), figs (picked off our trees)
- Fiesta Salsa
- Homemade Trail mix w/ Dried Berries (Cherries, Strawberries, Cranberries,raisins, 4 kinds of nuts)
- Pickled Okra
- Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
Sometimes we forget that we have folks who are just joining us for the first time- so they have no idea how we get the meat listed on the menu plans (these are purchased during meat restocking weeks and the full details are listed in our ebook) also, since we have an overabundance of certain veggies in our garden, we've also been trading with others locally for fresh blueberries, corn on the cob, etc.
We raise chickens and therefor often have an abundance of eggs, currently we get 2-4 Dozen eggs per day. While we don't "sell" eggs, we do accept donations when people pick them up, which usually covers the cost of the grain it takes to feed them, thereby making the eggs themselves essentially Free Food.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- July Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of July, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!