Before you start the recipe, it's important to note that you
For example, Don't substitute rolled oats for the quick oats because the granola bars will fall apart!
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick style mix (feel free to make your own)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar -- packed
- 1/2 cup butter -- softened but not melted
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine everything in a bowl, mixing until well combined.
Bake 15-17 minutes.; Cut into bars while still warm. These freeze well & make excellent afterschool snacks.
To the above recipe Add:
- 1/3 c. chopped dried apples and 1 tsp cinnamon (or)
- 1/3 c. powered milk for a breakfast bar (or)
- 1/3 c. raisins or craisins or dried cherries (or)
- 1/3 c. chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/3 c. Any Flavor Baking Chips- Mint, Butterscotch, Peanut Butter, Etc
We'd love to hear your variation