Week #14 $50 Weekly Menu for 4-6 ppl

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

Week 14 Grocery Notes: Another week has flown by already. This week uses up a little bit more of the freezer stores. Green peppers and red onions were abundant at the local farmers market so we’ve incorporated them several times. When we plan our menu’s we take into consideration what the weather is supposed to be, not too many people want to eat a heavy meal on a 99F day, at the same time, chili makes great cold rainy day comfort food.
This weeks menu came to $47. out of pocket.

April 4thApril 10th

Monday April 4th:

* Breakfast: Bacon Egg & Cheese Egg McMuffins
* Lunch :Cheeseburgers & Potato salad
* Dinner: Lemon Pepper Grilled Pork Chops, Steamed Broccoli

TuesdayApril 5th:

* Breakfast: Fruit Smoothies, (Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Strawberries, yogurt)
* Lunch :Grilled Ham & Cheese
* Dinner:Italian Marinated Dijon Pepper Steak, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

WednesdayApril 6th:

* Breakfast: French Toast & Sausage
* Lunch :Tuna Salad Sandwich (Or Wrap)
* Dinner:Chili & Cornbread, salad

ThursdayApril 7th:

* Breakfast: Breakfast Scramble (Eggs, cheese, bacon or sausage or ham- whatever is left in fridge) peppers, onions
* Lunch :Cucumber Sandwiches
* Dinner:Bacon Spinach Rotini, sliced fresh cucumbers

Friday April 8th:

* Breakfast: Egg in the Hole
* Lunch :leftover Bacon Spinach Rotini
* Dinner:Dinner- Restaurant

Saturday April 9th:

* Breakfast: Donuts (Homemade!)
* Lunch :BLT’s
* Dinner:BBQ Chicken, Potato Salad, Coleslaw

Sunday April 10th:

* Breakfast: Fruit Smoothies (Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Yogurt, Blueberries)
* Lunch :Wraps of BBQ chicken, sliced tomatoes, lettuce (& Jalapeno pepper slices!!)
* Dinner:Hot Sausage Subs with peppers and onions

Various Snacks & Dessert Items:

* Banana’s (banana nut muffins) drizzled with (homemade) Hersheys chocolate Syrup
* Cantaloupe
* Cheese & Crackers
* French Onion Dip & Chips/ Carrot Sticks
* Apples & Spiced Dip

Drinks included:

* Iced Tea or herbal teas
* Coffee
* Lemonade
* Orange Julius Smoothies
* Copycat Gatorade

A few things I’d like to share: This is a very busy week for us, so in an effort to make things as easy as possible, we prepared several dishes ahead of time. All of the onions and peppers were cut up today (Sunday) for the entire week. I marinated the steaks with the onions and peppers in a vacuum seal bag. They’ll not only stay fresh, but it will give the marinade time to incorporated into the meat and vegetables completely.
The hot sausage subs were from a great deal we found on sausage back in November, where I purchased 40 pounds for $33.
The BBQ chicken is from another great deal on chicken leg quarters. We bought them for .48 a pound. The easiest way to cook these for fast, easy BBQ is to boil them first, then vacuum seal them with the BBQ sauce of choice. That way at dinnertime, simply toss them on a hot grill for just a few minutes on each side.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.