Blue Ribbon Lemon Bars

Blue Ribbon Lemon Bars
Blue Ribbon Lemon Bars

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

3.9 (78.92%) 37 votes

Elegant looking lemon dessert bars are slightly tart with vibrant flavor of fresh lemons in a perfect melt in your mouth bar. This family-size recipe is a wonderful way to enjoy the abundantly inexpensive lemons that are available right now.
blue-ribbon-lemon-bars

Crust:
2 c. all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. cold butter, cut into pieces

Filling:
4 large eggs
2 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c. flour
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan.

blue-ribbon-lemon-bars
In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, then cut in butter until crumbly. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degree for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

blue-ribbon-lemon-bars

While crust is baking, beat eggs in a large bowl until smooth; whisk in granulated sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add baking powder to flour, stir to combine, add into egg mix, whisking.

Pour mixture over HOT baked crust.

Bake at 350 degree for 25 minutes or until filling is set.

Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar (a sifter works well!) and then cut into bars. Serve!

blue-ribbon-lemon-bars

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.