Garlic Parmesan Swirl Biscuits

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 33 votes

The wonderful flavors of garlic and parmesan mingle together in heavenly flaky biscuits creating the perfect accompaniment to any Italian meal.
garlic-parmesan-swirl-biscuits
Flaky Biscuits:
2 c. flour
1 T. Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 T. Sugar
1/4 c. Shortening
3/4 c. Milk

“Filling”
1 T. Minced Garlic (or 3 cloves finely minced)
1 T. Fresh Chopped Parsley (or 1 tsp Dried)
1/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese, grated

In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in shortening, add milk until it forms a soft dough. Do not overmix or the biscuits will be tough.

Roll the dough on a floured surface. In a small bowl mix butter, garlic & parsley. Spread the mix over the dough (the back of a spoon works great!), sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.

Roll lengthwise into a log and slice in 1″ pieces. Place them on an un-greased cookie sheet, sides touching slightly. Bake at 425F for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.

These can be made with bisquick mix to make them easier, or you can make your own Quick mix.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.