Reueben Bowls or Bites

Reueben Bowls or Bites
Reueben Bowls or Bites

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

reueben-bowls-or-bites
Reuben Bowls (or bites!) are delicious little morsels of corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut in a cream cheese base, baked into edible bowls. These can be made into 8 individual serving size for only .81 per person using ramekins or into 24 bite size appetizers using muffin tin pans.

reueben-bowls-or-bites
2 Loaves of French Bread (I used Pillsbury) (each loaf cut into 4 pieces or into 12 pieces- depending on whether you’re serving 4 people or as appetizers)
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 c. Sour Cream
1/4 pound of corned beef, diced
3 slices of swiss cheese diced
2 slices of swiss cheese, quartered (if using ramekins)
1 tsp caraway
1/2 c. sauerkraut, well drained
touch of black pepper, freshly ground

In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add corned beef, sauerkraut, diced swiss cheese and caraway. The caraway gives it the little zip it needs from not using rye bread.

reueben-bowls-or-bites
Flatten the dough balls into small circles and placed in greased ramekins (or muffin tins if making appetizers).

Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, add a scoop of filling in the center of each dough. reueben-bowls-or-bites

Add a square of sliced swiss cheese to the top.

reueben-bowls-or-bites

Bake 15-18 Minutes at 350F or until nicely browned.

These are delicious as is or you can top with just a tsp of Thousand Island Dressing if desired. Despite the fact that I just threw this together by mixing a few of my favorite things, the kids said that this one was definitely “Bloggable”, meaning worthy of sharing it with you fine folks!

GB101-Nest-Egg Grocery Budget 101 Recipe Breakdown:

1/2 pkg of Cream Cheese- Whole pkg is $1.27 ÷ 2 = .63
1/2 c. Sour Cream – whole pkg is .99 ÷ 4 =.25
1/4 pound of corned beef, diced 6.99 lb ÷ 4 = $1.74
3 slices of swiss cheese diced -whole pkg of 12 slices $1.39 = 11.5¢ ea = 34¢
2 slices of swiss cheese, quartered (if using ramekins) = 23¢
1 tsp caraway – .06¢
1/2 c. sauerkraut, well drained whole can .60¢ used 1/3 of can = .20¢
touch of black pepper, freshly ground, negligible .01¢
2 loaves french bread @ 1.50 ea =$3.00

Total Price for 8 Full size servings $6.46 or .81¢ per person

24 appetizers = .27 ¢ each

:note: store brand Cream Cheese,store brand Sour Cream, Deli Corned beef, store brand sauerkraut, french bread purchased at Walmart

Swiss Cheese purchased at Aldi’s

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.