Creamy Pesto Chicken over Bow Tie Pasta

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

creamy-pesto-chicken-over-bow-tie-pasta
This recipe is shamefully simple, yet delicious. All the best flavors of Italian pesto including basil, garlic and Parmesan are harmoniously coupled together with tender morsels of chicken in a creamy sauce over bow tie pasta, cooked Al dente’.
While this isn’t a true pesto sauce (as I’ve omitted pine nuts), it’s a great example of a throw together meal, full of flavor and dirt cheap to make.

2 tsp olive oil
1 pound boneless chicken, diced
1 (1lb) box Bow tie Pasta

1 can Cream of chicken soup (or mix)
1/2 c. Milk

3 T. Olive Oil
1/3 c. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
1 1/2 tsp Minced garlic

Bring a large pot of water to boil with 1/2 tsp salt in it. Once boiling, add the bow tie pasta and continue to cook until it reaches desired tenderness.

In the meantime, place 2 tsp of olive oil in a large skillet and heat, add diced raw chicken and cook over medium heat until lightly browned on all sides.

While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl mix 3 T. olive oil, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic and dried basil until well combined. creamy-pesto-chicken-over-bow-tie-pasta

Once the chicken is nearly cooked all the way through, reduce the heat to low, add 1 can cream of chicken soup mix (condensed), 1/2 c. milk and the pesto mix of olive oil, parm cheese, garlic and basil. Simmer 5 minutes or so until the sauce thickens and is smooth.

Drain the pasta, rinse in HOT water to remove an excess starches. Pour the Hot Pasta into the skillet and fold until all the pasta is coated in the creamy sauce. Serve with toasted garlic bread and salad!

This easily serves 6 people, plus enough leftovers for at least 2 people the next day.

The GroceryBudget101 Breakdown:

1 box bow tie pasta – $1.00 (walmart)
Minced Garlic- negligible .01
Basil- negligible .02
1 pound Boneless skinless chicken breast $1.57
parm cheese .06
milk – .10
Cream of Chicken Soup Mix .14
==========================
Total Cost of Recipe: $2.90Total or .48 per person (feeding 6 people)

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.