Grilled Chicken & Stir Fry

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

grilled-chicken-stir-fry
Create this delicious dish of grilled chicken, seasoned rice and fresh veggies using a few pre-planned leftovers.
This dish is one of my favorite pre-meditated leftovers. If you’re cooking chicken on the grill, toss on a couple extra pieces and grill them to perfection. When cooking rice, I often cook 3-4 cups more than is necessary for the recipe to add to wraps, egg scrambles, or for quick fried rice. If you don’t happen to have fresh vegetables (as is often the case during the winter months), you can purchase bags of frozen stir fry vegetables relatively cheap. Often for as little as $1. a bag.

You’ll need:
1-2 Grilled Chicken Breasts, cut crosswise into slices)
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
1 c. Sweet Pea Pods
2 c. Cooked Rice (brown or Jasmine works best)
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Ginger
1 green onion, chopped
Salt & Pepper

In a bowl mix chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, minced garlic, ginger and cornstarch, set aside. In a skillet or wok drizzle a touch of olive oil into the pan, toss in the bell pepper, saute for 1 minute. Add chicken, rice, green onion and pea pods.

Pour seasoned Chicken Broth Mix over the top, folding gently to avoid “mushing” the rice. Heat throughout. Serve

Photo Credit
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / flashon

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.