2012 Week#8 $50 Weekly Menu Plan

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

2012-week8-50-weekly-menu-plan
2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #8-The winter blahs have finally settled in and quite frankly, I’m ready for some Spring fare! Finally fresh veggies are at an almost decent price, green peppers are .89, tomatoes on the vine are .79, romaine hearts are .99, Red onions are .69 and mushrooms are .79. I took full advantage of the sales on vegetables and loaded up the cart. I figure that the green peppers can be diced up and tossed into the freezer for casseroles & dishes that require sauteed peppers, as well as dehydrated to make dressings, dips and seasoning mixes. I also grabbed some fresh strawberries, a couple packages of cream cheese and fresh spinach. Total out of pocket, $48.14

Here’s our dirt cheap menu plan for the week . . .

Monday 20th:

Tuesday 21st:

Wednesday 22nd:

• Breakfast: pancakes or french toast sticks
  • Lunch:Leftover Tuscan Stew
  • Dinner:Bacon Spinach Rotini

Thursday 23rd:

• Breakfast:Poached eggs on toast
  • Lunch: Leftover Bacon Spinach rotini
  • Dinner: Boston Baked Beans, cornbread

Friday 24th:

Saturday 25th:

Sunday26th: Daytona 500 Race Day!

• Breakfast: Waffles & Coffee – All day Party/Race feast with friends

Various Snacks:

Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Coffee
* Lemonade
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea

FYI:
The sweet potatoes mentioned are from our garden last year. I figured that I’d better hurry up and use them as several of them have started sprouting already. As such, I’ve pulled the “eyes” off the potatoes and placed them in water to root. We’ll be trying a new (cheap!) method of gardening in a couple weeks and these will come in handy. Apparently I bought too much food last week, because we’re still munching on granny smith apples this week. Incidentally, if you haven’t tried the cinnamon walnut cherry cheeseball, you’re really missing out!

Dh managed to find some fairly decent steaks on sale so I incorporated them into this weeks menu.

The freezer is still fairly full of chicken that we purchased back in November/Dec- but the traditional February sales cycles tells me to be on the lookout for great deals on steaks, pork ribs, seafood etc. I already found oatmeal about half price (it’s National Hot Breakfast month)!
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / HHLtDave5

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.