Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

A flavorful addition to Holiday tables, buffets, family gatherings or for a change of pace at the dinner table, this unique combination of fresh greens, sweet-tart cranberries, crisp bites of fresh apple and pear are complimented with a drizzle of light citrus lemon poppyseed dressing. A Real Crowd Pleaser!
winter-fruit-salad-with-lemon-poppyseed-dressing
You’ll Need:
3 Tbs white sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons diced onion
1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 apple – peeled, cored and diced
1 pear – peeled, cored and sliced
4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese or Monteray Jack Cheese **Optional

Combine the sugar, lemon juice, mustard and salt in a blender and whip until combined. Add Poppyseeds and onions and blend for a second, you don’t want to puree the onion, just stir it enough to mix it in. The dressing tastes best if it has a chance to set at least an hour prior to serving.

In a large serving dish toss the lettuce, cashews, cranberries, apple and pear together. Just prior to serving Sprinkle the cheese, if using, liberally over the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss gently to coat, serve.

The flavors of the lemon poppyseed dressing compliment the sweet-tart cranberries and crunchy cashews impart a great nutty flavor and texture.

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / Graytown

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.