2012 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #50

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

2012-50-weekly-menu-plan-week-50
2012 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #50: Holiday Baking is in full swing this week as we make batch after batch of cookie dough, cranberry hootycreeks, gingerbread men and houses, almond spritzes, sugar cookies, macadamia nut white chocolate chip cookies and so many more.

This weeks budget includes the following items: lettuce, celery, carrots, cheddar cheese, cauliflower, apples, pomegranates, pineapples, green peppers, vanilla yogurt, milk, fresh beets, sour cream, cranberries, cranberry juice, blueberry pie filling, frozen berries, steaks, macadamia nuts and pecans. Total Spent $39.17

Monday10th:

Tuesday 11th:

• Breakfast:Grapefruit halves & Toast
  • Lunch: Leftover Ravioli
  • Dinner:Sweet & Sour Chicken, Baked Potato, Salad

Wednesday 12th:

Thursday 13th: Poached eggs on toast or Fruit & Yogurt Parfait

Friday 14th:

Saturday 15th:

Sunday 16th:

• Breakfast:Grapefruit halves & Toast
  • Lunch: Leftovers (stew, cauliflower mac/cheese, etc)
  • Dinner:Grilled Pork Chops, Steamed Beets, Butternut Squash, Applesauce

Various Snacks:

Drinks included:* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Coffee
* Mulled Cranberry Juice
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
A few things I’d like to share: If you’re just joining us, I would like to mention that we raise our own chickens for fresh eggs, which is why you’ll never see them listed in the groceries purchased.

• $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USADo you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.

• Current Sales Trends-not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of December, so you know what savings to expect

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / Brebca

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

3 Comments

1. I love the concept, but feel the post is deceptive. You have chicken on the menu twice and pork chops once, but they are not on the grocery list. Then canned ingredients for taco Joe aren’t either.

• I love the concept, but feel the post is deceptive. You have chicken on the menu twice and pork chops once, but they are not on the grocery list. Then canned ingredients for taco Joe aren’t either.

:food026:Ahhh, I see you’re just joining us and have missed many weeks of menu plans. We do not buy all our “weekly” groceries in a single week, nor do we recommend that anyone else do that either!
      The pork is from several weeks ago, purchased on sale based on the sales cycles & then stored in the freezer, as were the majority of the taco joe ingredients (although the canned tomatoes are from our own garden), also listed several weeks ago. There aren’t ANY items in our menu plans that haven’t been addressed in previous weeks.

For example, you may see cheese in various dishes for the last couple of weeks, but on week #31 we purchased 60#’s of meat and cheese .

Here’s a spot to get Caught up:

[LIST=1]

• $50 Menu Plan Frequently Asked Questions http://www.grocerybudget101.com/content.php/286-50-Weekly-Menu-FAQ
    • Even More Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.grocerybudget101.com/content.php/125-50-dollar-weekly-menu-questions

Welcome to the site!

2. I have to suggest getting the e-book as it gives such great tips and clarification on how this works. This fall I just purchased a 1/4 of a cow and it was the best purchase I have ever made…my freezer is packed with meat. Of course I also purchase pork and chicken in bulk and my weekly spending is very low (if at all). Before I read the e-book I spent the time going back to the very beginning of the $50 Menus.

🙂 Thank you GB for sharing all this information….this is by far my most favorite website!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.