Double Fudge Brownie Pie

Double Fudge Brownie Pie
Double Fudge Brownie Pie

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

double-fudge-brownie-pie
Sometimes, just sometimes, a girl’s gotta have Chocolate.. I’m not talking about a few M&M’s … I’m talking SERIOUS Chocolate… like this Double Fudge Brownie Pie- a decadent, rich brownie bursting with chocolately goodness…. but it has a secret ingredient that you won’t believe!

The main ingredient in these delectable Double Fudge Brownie Pie is Black Beans! That’s right, this indulgent dessert is loaded with fiber, low in fat, gluten free, dairy free and only 192 Calories per serving! If you’re looking for the perfect recipe to hide a few veggies, this is it. The kids will NEVER know, unless you tell them, of course, because you simply cannot taste the beans. This recipe is spin-off from the recent deep dish cookie pie recipe we shared, the only catch- My mom wanted Black beans as the main ingredient, thus “Double Fudge Brownie Pie” was born! Thanks MOM!

You’ll Need:
1 1/2 cups of Prepared Black Beans (Or 1 can Black Beans that have been drained and well rinsed)
1/2 cup quick oats
2 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 Tbs Coconut oil (or vegetable oil of your choice)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups Brown sugar
1/3 cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat Oven to 350F

Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon, (don’t blend them with the food processor!).

Pour the batter into 4 ramekins or a 6″ spring form pan that has been sprayed well with non-stick spray. To make it even easier, line the bottom of the ramekin with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and let set for at least 10 minutes before cutting or removing from pan.

double-fudge-brownie-pie

Leftovers are best refrigerated. (Who am I kidding, WHAT Leftovers?!!)

If you like “Hidden Veggies” Recipes, check out this yummy Deep Dish Cookie Pie recipe.

Nutrition Data:

double-fudge-brownie-pie

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

2 Comments

• you use 1/3 cup of cocoa I’m making this today. I’ll post afterwards to leave a comment.

How much unsweetened cocoa should we use? Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.