Broccoli Slaw

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

Even the pickiest of eaters will dive into this one, crisp bites of broccoli with a touch of sweet onion, speckled with finely chopped bacon in just the right amount of dressing; this Broccoli slaw recipe makes a great side dish with any grilled meat, or as a light lunch.
broccoli-slaw

You’ll Need:

4-6 slices Cooked bacon, chopped well
1 12- to 16-ounce bag shredded broccoli slaw, or 1 large bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
1 Tbs sugar (more, if needed)
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup finely diced red onion, (1/2 medium)

If you’re using broccoli bunches, wash and cut the broccoli into very small flowerettes, place in a medium size bowl, then add the diced onion and chopped bacon.

In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar- whisking well to combine. Pour over the broccoli mix and gently fold until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.

broccoli-slaw

If you like fresh mushrooms, this is also excellent with 4 oz of sliced fresh mushrooms for a slightly heartier lunch. To reduce calories/fat further, use turkey bacon instead.

broccoli-slaw

What do you like in your Broccoli Slaw?

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.