Crispy Garlic Romano Sweet Potato Fries

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

Make your own mouthwatering crispy garlic Romano sweet potato french fries at home. Loaded with flavor, these crispy baked french fries are actually healthy!
crispy-garlic-romano-sweet-potato-fries
You’ll Need:
1 lb of Sweet Potatoes, washed, peeled ( a carrot peeler works great!)
10 Cloves of Garlic Minced
1 Tsp Sweet Hungarian Paprika
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Onion Salt
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Freshly Grated Romano Cheese

Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4″ thick slices or strips (your preference). In the photos here you can see we used a crinkle cutter, I prefer this because it holds the seasoning well and makes the fries good and crispy without having to fry them.

Place the cut fries into a bowl, add olive oil and stir to coat. Add Garlic, Paprika, salt and pepper, stirring well to coat. Let them set a few minutes.

Line a Cookie sheet with Foil and Preheat the oven to 400F

Spread the seasoned potatoes out in a single layer on the foil. If they overlap they won’t get crisp!

Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven, flip the fries -(Yes, every single one of them!) and sprinkle liberally with Freshly grated romano cheese, return the fries to the oven and bake 12-18 minutes more, or until fries are brown & crisp.

These make a lovely side dish or even a main dish served with a salad. If you love sweet potato fries- here’s another delicious Savory Baked Sweet potato fry recipe that incorporates the flavors of cumin, cilantro, garlic and oregano for fantastic flavors that can’t be beat!

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

1. Has anyone frozen these for later use? Either prior to baking or after baking? Any suggestions? They’re in the oven now and I can’t wait to try!

The house smells phenomenal!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.