Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Article: Week #1- $50 or Less Weekly Menu

~ May the Savings Be Ever in your Favor!~

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your menu. I hate searching for recipe ideas when dinnertime rolls around. It's nice to see what other people are eating and how they figure out healthy menus on a limited budget.

Curious Lurker
    I was looking for the post about the $10.00 one. I found this one so I'm going to try and see If I can do the same thing. Might even give me something to start on for the new year. Thank you for all that you do. Ruth.

Blog Entries

Re: Article: Week #1- $50 or Less Weekly Menu

I think you might be referring to this one:

http://www.budget101.com/household/d...ceries-14.html

Thank you for all the great ideas , I live on a very tight budget. Now with your help I will be able to live out on my own.

Starter Saver
    Blog Entries
    So the lunches during the week, they would not fill my kids at all. Are the kids included on the count in the menu? I mean just one of my children for lunch will take two sandwiches, apple, cookies, cheezits, granola bar, and a drink and still be starved when they get home. And I have three teenage boys who eat like that. And on the weekends you can add three more teenagers that also eat like that. I am glad you have posted this, but after weeks of looking at it, I cannot figure out how to make it work for my family in Michigan where animals are not allowed to be kept on your property where I live, and gardening is only good for like 3 months. I have gotten some ideas though, so thank you.

Blog Entries

Re: Article: Week #1- $50 or Less Weekly Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bamo72 View Post
    So the lunches during the week, they would not fill my kids at all. Are the kids included on the count in the menu? I mean just one of my children for lunch will take two sandwiches, apple, cookies, cheezits, granola bar, and a drink and still be starved when they get home.
    Yup, ours too, they eat like ravenous wolves, if I have grilled cheese on the menu plan, my oldest can eat 4 without blinking. I always include salad, it's filling, it's healthy and it's cheap. I make homemade croutons, bake bacon slices and finely chop them to add to salads, add hardboiled eggs, etc. It doesn't take long to take a boring salad and make it filling and tasty.I've found when they get junk- cheez-its, crackers, granola bars etc they become unending pits of hunger.
    ~ May the Savings Be Ever in your Favor!~

Starter Saver
    Blog Entries

Wink Re: Article: Week #1- $50 or Less Weekly Menu

Salads where cheap when I lived down south, but a bit more expensive up here in MI. It helps that I make my own granola bars and can alot of stuff.

Starter Saver
    Fantastic web site. I just finished reading all of our article, and am now going through your weekly menus. I have to say THANK YOU. Yes, I used all capital letters but because your web site is so relevant and helpful.

Curious Lurker
    I wish I would have found this site earlier, thank you for all the great advice on how to eat on a budget and not feel like it.