Dictionary.com - Dictionary & Thesaurus - Free Dictionary.com Genre:Reference Release Date: April 07, 2009
The free Dictionary.com app delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. NO INTERNET CONNECTION IS NEEDED TO SEARCH WORDS. The app includes nearly 2,000,000 words, definitions, synonyms and antonyms. It also features audio pronunciation, voice-to-text search and Dictionary.com’s popular Word of the Day and Hot Word blog.
* Named as a top 10 app in the App Store’s High School Survival Guide
* Voted best app for college students - US News & World Report
* Recognized as a top 10 Back-to-School iPhone App – Time Magazine
* Dictionary and Thesaurus
* Nearly 1,000,000 words and definitions in our Dictionary
* More than 90,000 synonyms and antonyms in our Thesaurus
* Alphabetical indexing
* Spelling suggestions
* Phonetic and audio pronunciation
* Example sentences
* Non-standard uses
* Word origin and history
* Daily content, including Word of the Day and our new Hot Word blog
* Voice-to-Text search (for the most accurate results, please enunciate clearly and speak slowly)
* Favorite words list
* Custom backgrounds
* Shake device to see a randomly-selected word
* No Internet connection required for Dictionary and Thesaurus word look-ups
* Internet connection required for daily content, voice-to-text search, audio pronunciation and spelling suggestions
**Tip: To turn off the Word of the Day notifications go to More > Settings > Notifications and tap Off.**
**For an ad-free experience, search for Dictionary.com - Dictionary & Thesaurus - No Ads in the App Store.** © 2010 Dictionary.com, LLC.
Free Apps are usually expire within 48 Hours, as such, all threads are automatically closed to additional comments/responses at that time.