Week 16 Grocery Notes: Luckily the past few weeks we’ve managed to accumulate a decent store of frozen veggies, a few frozen fruits (for fast parfaits and smoothies) and a few pantry essentials. Since we’re doing well budget wise, I thought it best to add a few odds and ends to the pantry- various flavors of vinegars, which are an excellent base for marinades. I picked up a couple gallons of milk (for making more yogurt!), lettuce (on sale for .75 a head!), tomatoes, peppers, cukes, a ham ($1.29lb) for Easter dinner & premeditated leftovers as our teen son prefers to call them.
April 18th- April 24th – Have a “Hoppy Easter” :chase:
Monday April 18th:
Wednesday April 20th:
Thursday April 21st:
* Breakfast: fruit smoothies
* Lunch : Leftover Italian Spinach Pie
* Dinner: Turkey Chili & Cornbread, Salad
Friday April 22nd:
* Breakfast: Toaster Waffles**
* Lunch : grilled cheese sandwich
* Dinner: Reuben Bowls & Salad
Saturday April 23rd:
* Breakfast:Baked Oatmeal w/ Apples
* Lunch : Pastrami & Provolone Subs
* Dinner:Meatloaf, Baked Potato, Steamed Peas
Sunday April 24th: Happy Easter!
* Breakfast:Cinnamon Rolls
Snack Items: Large dinner planned mid-afternoon- so a spread of various veggies & dips, homemade pickles, black olives out for snacking until dinner
* Dinner (2 pm) – Boiled Ham Dinner, Riced Potatoes, Garden Salad, Steamed Green Beans, Hot Rolls, sweet potatoes , homemade pickles Chocolate Cream Pie
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* Cheese & Crackers
* Pimento Cheese Spread & Crackers
* Homemade Microwave Popcorn
* Chocolate Cream Pie
* Grilled Pineapple, a fun, tasty way to get in some fresh pineapple!
* Iced Tea or herbal teas
* Coffee & Iced Coffee
* Cherry Lemonade Spritzers
A few things I’d like to share : Toaster Waffles are waffles that were made ahead of time and tossed into the freezer for quickie breakfasts.
Frequently Asked Questions about our $50 Menus