Week 18 Grocery Notes: Last week we spent $61- which leaves me with a $39 budget for groceries this week. However, if you saw last weeks post, you’ll note that our freezer is quite full of various cuts of meat.
For $34, I bought: Pkg of 3 Romaine Hearts lettuce, tomatoes on the vine, 2 green peppers, cauliflower, fresh broccoli heads, milk, Cantaloupe, 3 cukes, grapefruit, fresh whole zucchini, 5# flour, 5# sugar, 10 ears corn on the cob, coffee. Not alot of groceries for only $34- but the price of coffee has gone up & I’m not the kind of person you’d like to be around without a few mugs of coffee each day. The zucchini, cantaloupe and grapefruit are in season, making them considerably cheaper this time of year.
May 2nd- May 8th- Mothers Day!
Monday May 2nd:
* Breakfast: Cut Cantaloupe & Strawberries
* Lunch : Grilled Cheese with Sliced tomatoes
* Dinner: Montreal Grilled Chicken, Steamed Green Beans, grilled Potatoes
Tuesday May 3rd:
* Breakfast:Scrambled Egg/ Cheese/ Bacon Wraps
* Lunch : Salad w/ Chopped Hard Boiled Eggs, Leftover grilled chicken chunks & bacon
* Dinner: Grilled Lemon Pepper Pork Chops, Asparagus Spears in Garlic Butter, Salad
* Breakfast:Poached eggs on Toast
* Lunch : Salad,Tuna Sandwich
* Dinner: Catfish Stew, Cornbread
* Breakfast:Cranberry Bliss Bars
* Lunch : Egg Salad
* Dinner: BBQ Chicken, Italian Marinated Zucchini Slices (grilled), Fiesta Potatoes
Sunday May 8th: Happy Mothers Day! Sorry Folks, It’s our Anniversary on top of being Mothers Day & We’re Taking the Day off!
* Breakfast:Just Middles
* Lunch : Mothers Day Lunch Out
* Dinner: Grilled Steak, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Salad
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* Iced Tea or herbal teas
* Copycat Gatorade
A few things I’d like to share: Keep in mind that during the month of May- several items will go on sale including all types of condiments, bbq sauces, marinades, ground beef, picnic stuff, pet foods, etc. Here’s the full run down of what to expect for May Sales.