Week #29 Grocery Notes: Our area is undergoing a major heatwave right now, we’ve been in the triple digits for well over a week. In order to combat the heat, you’ll notice that the majority of our meals are cooked on the grill, which helps keep the house considerably cooler.
With all that’s been happening at work, in all honesty, I haven’t even had time to go grocery shopping yet this week. My wonderful spouse did pick up a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, 3 pkgs of tortilla wraps, lettuce and a watermelon, but spent a whopping $15! Grrrrr. Have I mentioned yet that sending a non-frugal spouse grocery shopping is likely to break your budget?!
The garden is still producing well and we’re getting overloaded with cukes, tomatoes and peppers- so it looks like salad will be on the menu quite a bit! We’re also quite overloaded with eggs- we’re getting more than a dozen a day right now. You’d think those girls would quit laying in this heat!
July 18th- July 24th
Monday July 18th:
* Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
* Lunch: Meatball Subs
* Dinner: Ginger Chicken Kebabs , Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Corn on the cob
Tuesday July 19th:
* Breakfast: Strawberry Julius & Toasted Bagels
* Lunch: Curried chicken Salad Wraps
* Dinner: Sloppy Joes, salad
Wednesday July 20th:
* Breakfast: English Good Mornings
* Lunch: Chili-n-Cheese Dogs (chili is from last nights sloppy joe with chili seasoning added)
* Dinner: Grilled Lemon Pepper Pork, Cauliflower Au Gratin
Thursday July 21st
* Breakfast: Raspberry Lemon Delight
* Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches & Deviled Egg Dip
* Dinner: Ramsagna, Garlic Bread, tossed salad
* Breakfast: Huevos Rancheros Frittata
* Lunch: Leftover ramsagna
* Dinner: Grilled Steak marinated in Copycat A1, Italian grilled potatoes & sweet onions, salad
Saturday July 23rd:
* Breakfast: Mini Orange Maple French Toast Casseroles
* Lunch: Burgers & Dogs at a Friends
* Dinner: Catfish Nuggets, Grilled Rosemary Potatoes, salad
Sunday July 24th:
* Breakfast: Toaster Strudels
* Lunch: Pesto Egg Salad Wraps
* Dinner: Chicken Parmesan , salad, garlic bread
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* French Onion Dip & Chips
* Fresh Fruit- banana’s, grapes, berries
* Yogurt & Fruit Parfaits
* Hard Cheese (Jalapeno Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar), Crackers
* Watermelon & Cantaloupe
* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
A few things I’d like to share: We’ve been making lots of ice cream flavors the last few weeks and on our recent vacation my other half discovered Licorice Flavored Ice cream. *Shudder*, I figured it couldn’t be that difficult and whipped up a batch. I was told it was “to Die for!” Apparently this unique flavor is desired by some folks, who’da Thunk it?
I’ll share the recipe later this week.
What’s on your budget menu this week?
Be the first to comment