Week #30 Grocery Notes: Summertime is probably one of the easiest times of year to maintain the grocery budget, with fruits and veggies in abundance, it’s simple to find great deals on produce. Cherries are finally in season and Aldi’s had them for $2. a pound, the cheapest I’ve seen them in ages. Although we didn’t need it, I did pick up another bag of flour and sugar for baking. The heat still has not dropped from triple digits and with the the heat index hitting 112 or more several times in the last week and predicted for this week as well, chances are good we won’t be eating very heavy meals.
This weeks groceries came to a whopping $56. but included Steaks, Raisin toast, Milk, Cantaloupe, Salad items, Fresh Cherries, mushrooms, Potatoes, sugar, flour, strawberries, bananas, 3 boxes of Cereal, 2 pounds of deli ham, cheese, bread, couple bags of chips, sour cream, cream cheese, tortillas.
What can I say, when you bring the spouse shopping, you’re gonna spend more than you wanted- it’s a fact folks!
July 25th- July 31st
Monday July 25th:
* Breakfast: Cereal
* Lunch: Chicken Wraps
* Dinner: Marinated Steak Strips, Grilled Onions, Mushrooms & Green Peppers, Baked Potato
Tuesday July 25th:
* Breakfast: Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheese Ball & Apple Slices, Raisin Toast
* Lunch: Strawberry Melon Summer Salad
* Dinner: Tacos (taco meat, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, jalepeno slices, black olives, sour cream)
Wednesday July 27th:
Thursday July 28th
* Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
* Lunch: Leftover 7 Layer Ramen Salad
* Dinner: Homemade Mac & Cheese with Ham & Broccoli
Saturday July 30th:
Sunday July 31st:
* Breakfast: Maple Almond Scone Bites with vanilla glaze (from the freezer!)
* Lunch: Tuna Pasta Salad, Sliced Tomatoes from the Garden
* Dinner: Grilled Cheeseburgers, Grilled Garlic Summer Squash Spears
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* Ranch Fiesta Dip& Chips
* Fresh Fruit- banana’s, berries, Apples
* Pickled Eggs
* Hard Cheese (Jalapeno Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar), Crackers
* Watermelon & Cantaloupe (watermelon is leftover from last week)
* Strawberry Jello Cake
A few things I’d like to share: If you’ve missed previous weeks menu notes, please be aware that the ground meat I use for recipes is generally turkey. It’s considerably less expensive and much healthier.
What’s on your budget menu this week?