Week #36 Grocery Notes: It’s amazing how fast food can accumulate in the freezer when you’re following your menu to the T! This weeks total grocery list is $14.93 – which covers milk, bread, lettuce, cukes, and 1 large package of T-bone steaks that I couldn’t turn down! We were lucky to receive eggplants, peppers, tomatoes and radishes from the garden!
September 5th-September 10th:
* Breakfast:french toast or scrambled eggs/ toast
* Lunch: Grilled Burgers, macaroni Salad
* Dinner: Italian Sausage Sandwiches with Grilled onions & Peppers
* Breakfast:Sausage,Pepper,onion & Cheese Omelets (premeditated leftover from Mon Night’s dinner!)
* Lunch: Grilled Eggplant Pizza
* Dinner: Halibut Veracruz, Baked Potatoes – (although, I’m choosing to use Mashed avocado that I froze last winter. It won’t be as “pretty” as the slices, but just as tasty!
Thursday September 1st:
* Breakfast:Blueberry Muffins
* Lunch: Monterey Jack Mac
* Dinner: Roast Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Green beans with touch of garlic, Yeast rolls
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
A few things I’d like to share: I know that some folks are going to comment that Halibut isn’t exactly a “cheap” menu item, considering it runs about $25-30 a pound; However, we caught these halibut ourselves. When you create your menu, use what you have available to you in your particular area. When we lived in the Northeast, we frequently found great deals on Haddock, another rather expensive whitefish. Use what you have!