Week #42 Grocery Notes: Fall weather is finally here and we’re thoroughly enjoying the crisp nights and warm days. This weeks grocery list was rather short- milk, cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, lettuce, celery, a few canned items (various types of canned beans, black olives,pineapples), pasta, potatoes, kielbasa, as well as several different types of bread. Total spent on groceries $37.93 The remainder will go towards next weeks budget – which is a meat restocking week.
- Breakfast:Maple Almond Scone Bites w/ Vanilla Almond Glaze, Coffee
- Lunch: Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes
- Dinner:Fall Apart Chicken, Macaroni Salad
- Breakfast:Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Lunch: Chicken Salad Wraps
- Dinner:marinated Spicy Pork Chops, beets, Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Breakfast:Toasted English Muffins, Peach Jam
- Lunch: Hot Cranberry Tuna Sandwiches
- Dinner:Grilled Honey Chipotle Shrimp, Baked Potato, Salad
- Breakfast:Morning Sunrise
- Lunch: Salad w/ grilled chicken slices, fresh garden tomatoes
- Dinner:Sloppy Joes, Garden Salad
- Breakfast:Scrambled Eggs, Tst, Coffee
- Lunch: grilled cheese & tomato sandwich
- Dinner:Sweet & Sour Kielbasa, Garden Salad
- Breakfast:Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Lunch: Crescent Pizza Bites
- Dinner:“Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen. See the ebook for details
- Apple Granola Bars
- Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheeseball& Apple slices
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fresh Fruit- Apples, Pumpkins, Pomegranate
- Microwave Popcorn
- Granola bars
- Angel Food Cake
A few things I’d like to share: Our garden has nearly reached it’s end- but still offering several tasty items including fresh yams/sweet potatoes, jalapenos, as well as another round of tomatoes and cukes.
Luckily the herbs are still plentiful as well with large sprigs of coriander, basil, rosemary and thyme. It’s wonderful to add fresh herbs to your food, they’re so much more flavorful than their dried counterparts.
FYI: The easiest way to plan your menu is take a look at what you have on hand and then view the weeks sales flyers for your favorite stores. If you didn’t know, we’ve compileda list of All the store flyers for every store we can think of. If your store isn’t listed, comment at the bottom of the page and we’ll add it for you.
Visit our Sales cycles page for a complete list of expected Sales Items for October