Week #47 Grocery Notes: Hard to believe that it’s already Thanksgiving week & Black Friday! While there are decent grocery deals to be found, the stores are mobbed! I took the time to pick up some. . .
fresh fruits and veggies at the farmers market this week and we’re relying on the wonderful stockpile of goodies from previous weeks. From our family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Total grocery expense this week $47.84
- Breakfast: Fruit Salad, raisin toast
- Lunch: Crab Rolls
- Dinner:Chinese Chop Suey over Jasmine Rice
- Breakfast:Oatmeal or Cereal
- Lunch: Leftover Chinese Chop suey
- Dinner:Lemon Pepper Pork chops, Grilled Onions & Potatoes w/ garlic
- Breakfast:scrambled eggs, toast
- Lunch: Tuna Salad wrap, potato salad
- Dinner:Hot Italian Sausage Sandwiches with grilled peppers and onions
Thursday 24th Happy Turkey Day!
- Breakfast:Land of Nod Cinnamon Rolls
- Lunch/Dinner: Fried Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash, corn, peas, salad, yeast rolls, gravy, cranberry sauce
- Desserts: Cream Pie Bites (Coconut Cream pie, chocolate Cream pie, Banana Cream Pie) Pecan Pie Bites, blueberry pie
- Breakfast:Bacon, egg & cheese McMuffins
- Lunch: Turkey Caesar Salad with Stuffing Croutons
- Dinner:Turkey Vegetable Soup, Corn Muffins
- Breakfast:Blueberry Pancakes
- Lunch: Open Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Cranberry Relish
- Dinner:Steamed clams, Corn on the cob, salad
- Breakfast: Banana Bread Slices
- Lunch:Cheeseburgers & Macaroni Salad
- Dinner:“Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen. See the ebook for details
- Blueberry Pie
- Fresh Fruit- Apples, Pineapples
- Microwave Popcorn
- Granola bars
- Copycat Velveeta & Salsa Dip with Tortilla Chips
Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
FYI: If you take a peak at last weeks menu, you’ll see that we had “Crab” tentatively listed. Luckily we had some luck catching blue crab over the weekend and have added it to the menu. Since there isn’t a limit and the crab were running well, we managed to add 6 packages of crabmeat to the freezer for future recipes, (Crab rolls, Crab Ravioli, etc).
Part of living within a budget is using the fresh foods you have available around you. If you’re a hunter or have a hunter in the family this can include Fresh Venison, Pork (if you have wild hogs in the area!), fish or seafood.
The easiest way to plan your menu is take a look at what you have on hand and then view the weeks sales flyers for your favorite stores. If you didn’t know, we’ve compiled a list of All the store flyers for every store we can think of. If your store isn’t listed, comment at the bottom of the page and we’ll add it for you.
Visit our Sales cycles page for a complete list of expected Sales Items for November