Week #51 Grocery Notes: The holidays have officially arrived! We’ve worked diligently to avoid the stores the last few weeks and I made it a point to only need basic items this week. A quick trip to Aldi’s and we scored great deals on lettuce, potatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, cream cheese, milk, crescent rolls (.25 a tube!), apples and walnuts. Total spent $19.76 – well within our budget!
- Breakfast: Oatmeal or Cereal
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Pot Pie, Cranberry sauce from Sunday’s Dinner
- Breakfast: Fresh Grapefruit, toast
- Lunch: Taco Wraps from leftover taco meat
- Dinner:Marinated Saucy Chicken(grilled), Au Gratin Potatoes, pickled beets, homemade applesauce
- Breakfast:Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheese Ball & Apple Slices, Raisin Toast
- Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
- Dinner:Meatloaf, Baked Potato, salad
Thursday 22nd: Blessed Yule!
- Breakfast:Apple Walnut Butterhorns
- Midday Meal:Baked Ham with pineapple & spiced brown sugar glaze, steamed green beans, mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, apple pie
- Breakfast:Dunkin Donuts Honey glazed (copycat)
- Lunch: Leftover Ham/Mac & Cheese
- Dinner:Split Pea Soup with Ham (one of hubby’s favorites), Flaky Biscuits
Sunday 25th: Merry Christmas!
- Breakfast: Land o’ Nod Cinnamon Rolls
- Midday Meal: Dinner with Friends/Family- Fried Turkey, Riced Potatoes, Salad, various potluck dishes. yeast rolls
- Fresh Fruit- Grapefruit, Oranges, apples
- Granola bars
- Apple cheese ball & apple slices
- Walnut Date Balls
School’s out for winter vacation and the sports schedules have slowed slightly for a couple weeks. Throughout the week you’ll notice that several times we have “midday meals”, these are usually larger meals that are eaten around 2 in the afternoon. A late lunch/early dinner – as such there is much snacking of various dishes that family and friends have a tendency to arrive with. This time of year people are coming and going out of the house so much that meal plans have a tendency to go right out the window!
Visit our Sales cycles page for a complete list of expected Sales Items for December