Week #52 Grocery Notes: Happy New Year! Hard to believe we’ve already blown through an entire year already and with holiday traffic, we’ve decided to plan this weeks menu entirely off . . . our freezer and pantry stockpiles from the previous weeks. I picked up a few basic items, lettuce, celery, green pepper, cabbage and carrots for a grand total of $13.61
- Breakfast: Bagels
- Lunch: Turkey Caesar Salad
- Dinner:Cornbread taco Casserole
- Breakfast:Poached eggs on toast
- Lunch: Leftover Cornbread taco throw together
- Dinner:Turkey Vegetable Soup,Cornbread
- Breakfast:Blueberry Muffins
- Lunch: Leftover Turkey Veggie Soup & Cornbread
- Dinner:Beast Wraps
- Breakfast:scrambled eggs, raisin toast
- Lunch: Tomato basil pasta with Garlic Sauce
- Dinner:Blooming Onion, Grilled Steak, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
- Breakfast:french Toast or Waffles
- Lunch: Pizza Bites
- Dinner:New England Boiled Dinner, Biscuits
- Breakfast:Toasted Biscuits w/Holiday Cranberry Butter
- Lunch: Red Flannel Hash
- Dinner: Dinner Party with Friends! Bringing dessert- Double chocolate Lava Cakes
Sunday 1st: Happy New year!
- Breakfast:Blueberry Ginger Smoothies
- Midday Meal:Baked Stuffed Halibut with newburg sauce, baked potato wedges
- Fresh Fruit- Grapefruit, Oranges, apples
- Apple Pie
- Granola bars
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Ice Cream Sammies
Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
FYI:Thanks for following our Weekly Menu Plans for the Past year! We hope that you’ve learned a few new recipes and picked up some tips along the way. 🙂 Happy New Year!
When I clicked on Holiday cranberry butter it brought up Copycat Dunkin Donuts Honey Glazed instead. Thought you needed to know.
Thanks for letting me know, I fixed it!
Are you going to be doing this again next year? If not, will you be keeping this open? I found this site around July and refer to it quite often for menu and recipe ideas. I love all the work you’ve done!!
I guess I’m a little confused on these. or am I behind on reading them? this is week #52. When would I shop for the items?
I’m trying to learn to use your budget and go with your ideas, but I don’t have a lot on hand.
Can you explain on how I would use your menu ideas. I love them, I’m just confused on when I would them. Thanks Ruth aka lil momma.
Your best bet is to go back to the First few weeks of our our $50 weekly menus. The reason why week #52 is based mostly off the pantry is that throughout the year we’ve purchased items and filled the freezers and pantry to the point where we Have to stop grocery shopping for awhile.
Each week it shows what we purchased, along with what was consumed (via the menus).
Our menu plan is just that, Our Plan for Our family. What you plan for your family is going to be dependent on what you have on hand in your pantry, what sales are available at your local grocery store and what you prefer to eat. We like alot of recipes with a Mexican flare to them, many people don’t.
Here’s a link that explains more:
hi I love!! this site I use it every week… but sometimes you have meals listed on the menu with no recipe I have gone to the search to see if i can find them in older menus but no luck. am i searching the wrong way for these recipes?
like this week for instance is “Baked Stuffed Halibut with newburg sauce”, where do i find that?
this site has changed the way we eat.