2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #3 – Sometimes keeping the grocery budget low can be a challenge. This week we picked up the groceries pictured left for $30, and spent an additional $10 on milk, bread, sliced cheese and peanuts. The remaining $10 in our budget will go towards next weeks budget. Here is this weeks $50 menu . . .
- Breakfast:Toasted Biscuits & Jam
- Lunch: Cucumber & Roasted Peanut Salad(Using on 1 cuke though!)
- Dinner:Pepperoni Casserole
- Breakfast:Breakfast Pie
- Lunch: Leftover Pepperoni Casserole
- Dinner:Crab Stuffed Baked Halibut, Baked Potatoes
- Breakfast:Poached eggs on Toast
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese
- Dinner:Grilled chicken, Cauliflower Au Gratin, Salad
Saturday 21st: State Wrestling Tournament Day – Essentially this means that we don’t plan meals for this day- our day begins between 4-4:30 am and we’ll be on the road. We don’t bother with breakfast- it’s not fair to eat in front of the kids !!
- Breakfast:Overnight French Toast
- Lunch: Leftover Beef Stew
- Dinner:Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry, Jasmine Rice
- Fresh Fruit- Bananas
- 100 calorie Snack Packs (homemade puddings/yogurts)
- Granola bars
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
FYI:As you’ll notice, like most weeks, some of the items used in the menu were purchased in previous weeks. The pepperoni was homemade and in the freezer, as is the spaghetti sauce (needed in the pepperoni casserole) and sausage is also homemade. These items are easy to prepare on your own, many of them on the spot as you’re making dinner.
You’ll also note in the photo there is a 4lb bag of chicken wings – these were tossed in the freezer for an upcoming menu.
:note: Also, if you’re just joining us, please note that we raise chickens and have a massive bounty of fresh eggs.
If you’re still struggling to stay within a limited budget, check out our menu’s from last year and follow them from week to week to learn how to build up your pantry and freezer, by taking advantage of various deals.
:thumbsup:Frequently Asked Questions about our $50 Weekly Menu Plans