2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #27- Wishing you and yours a wonderful and safe Independence Day! This weeks menu takes the heat & festivities into consideration and comes in at a reasonable $45.88 . . .
The majority of this weeks menu expense came from taking advantage of Holiday Meat deals- generally speaking, during Memorial weekend and 4th of July there are excellent deals on ground beef, hot dogs, pork chops & ribs, etc. This week we added 15lbs of burger to the freezer for later use.
* Breakfast:Strawberry Julius &Toasted Bagels
* Lunch: Curried chicken Salad Wraps
* Dinner: Sloppy Joes, salad
* Breakfast: English Good Mornings
* Lunch: Chef Salad w/ Toasted garlic Croutons
* Dinner: Smokin’ Grilled Chicken, cucumber slices, Southwestern Cheddar Potato Wedges
* Breakfast: Raspberry Lemon Delight
* Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches & Deviled Egg Dip (Light munchies while we’re on the boat!)
* Dinner: Celebration Burgers, Macaroni salad, Sliced Cucumbers
* Breakfast: Eggs Benedict, Coffee
* Lunch: Tomato Pie
* Dinner: Mock Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes, salad
* Breakfast: Banana Nut Muffins, coffee
* Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches/ Wraps
* Dinner: Grilled Black Bean- and Rice-Stuffed Peppers, sliced fresh tomatoes
* Breakfast: Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
* Midday: River Grill Out- Pot Luck Party with Friends/Fam, we’re bringing Key West Chicken, Armadillo Eggs
* Breakfast: Peach & Yogurt Parfaits
* Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato
* Dinner: Cowboy Pork Chops over BBQ Rice, Spinach
* Fresh Fruit- Peaches, nectarines, strawberries
* Orange Sherbet
* Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
* Microwave Popcorn (homemade)
* Fresh Fruit- banana’s, plums, berries
* Yogurt & Fruit Parfaits
* Angel Food Cake & Fresh Berries
* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
Our own garden is producing cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, fresh tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and eggplant.
For those that are just joining our weekly menus, we do raise our own chickens (for fresh eggs) and get about a dozen per day- So if you’re noticing a large number of eggs in our menu, that’s why!
If you haven’t read our eBook yet, “The 2012 Family Guide to groceries under $250” check it out 🙂
When I click on the link for the stuffed peppers it goes to a page saying Denied. There is no recipe.
Thank you for letting us know! The link has been fixed and you should be taken to the correct page now . 🙂