2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #27- Wishing you and yours a wonderful and safe Independence Day! This weeks menu takes the heat & festivities into consideration and comes in at a reasonable $45.88 . . .
The majority of this weeks menu expense came from taking advantage of Holiday Meat deals- generally speaking, during Memorial weekend and 4th of July there are excellent deals on ground beef, hot dogs, pork chops & ribs, etc. This week we added 15lbs of burger to the freezer for later use.
* Breakfast: Peach & Yogurt Parfaits
* Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato
* Dinner: Cowboy Pork Chops over BBQ Rice, Spinach
* Fresh Fruit- Peaches, nectarines, strawberries
* Orange Sherbet
* Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
* Microwave Popcorn (homemade)
* Fresh Fruit- banana’s, plums, berries
* Yogurt & Fruit Parfaits
* Angel Food Cake & Fresh Berries
For those that are just joining our weekly menus, we do raise our own chickens (for fresh eggs) and get about a dozen per day- So if you’re noticing a large number of eggs in our menu, that’s why!
If you haven’t read our eBook yet, “The 2012 Family Guide to groceries under $250” check it out 🙂