2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #28- The Southern heat has really become intense the last couple of weeks! This weeks menu plan focuses on fresh fruits and veggies and some grill action!
If you have the space for a small garden, it can be a blessing on your grocery bill. Although we only planted a few items this year, as compared to previous years, the garden is overflowing with fresh tomatoes, eggplant and hot peppers.
Peaches have also come in season and our little peach tree that we planted a few years ago has offered a few for munching, but not quite enough to can or freeze. One of the kids discovered a rather large patch of blueberries and we picked about a gallon of them, which you’ll see several times over in this weeks menu. As for our shopping trip, we found a great deal on Sea scallops and since we still had a package of bacon left from our bulk bacon buy a few weeks back, it seemed like a great time to enjoy some bacon wrapped scallops with apricot chutney this week. We picked up the following: scallops, apricot jam, watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwis, sugar, artisan lettuce, celery, mushrooms, potatoes, green beans, cottage cheese, cream cheese, american cheese, heavy cream, milk, coffee, spinach, grapes and dried cherries. It seems everyone is wanting more homemade ice cream! Total Spent $46.13
* Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Cherry Raisin Cinnamon Toast
* Lunch: Open Faced Toasted tomato/Cheese
* Dinner: Bacon Wrapped Scallops w/ Apricot chutney (grilled, not broiled), Working Womans Grilled Tater’s, salad
* Breakfast: Fruit Salad
* Lunch: Spicy Corn Stuffed Tomatoes
* Dinner: Marinated Spicy Pork chops, Balsamic red potatoes & Green Beans, pickled beets
* Breakfast: Blueberry Lemon Smoothie
* Lunch: Fruit Salad – getting too hot in the middle of the day to eat too much, early dinners usually
* Dinner: Grilled Chicken Stir Fry, Sliced Tomatoes
* Breakfast: Blueberry Turnovers
* Lunch: Chipotle Egg Salad Wraps
* Dinner: Basil Pesto over Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
* Breakfast: Bagels& Homemade Jam
* Lunch: Spinach Salad with Sweet & Sour Dressing
* Dinner: Grilled Halibut with Lemon sauce, Grilled Rosemary Potatoes, Tomato Wedge salad
* Breakfast: Peaches & Cream Oatmeal – Using peaches from our little tree!
* Midday: Jammin Festival with the Fam- usually a tailgate style party- on dessert duty
* Breakfast: Overnight Blueberry French Toast
* Lunch: Cottage cheese with Pear Salsa, Salad
* Dinner: Eggplant Gateau, steamed rice
* Fresh Fruit- Grapes, Kiwi, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Cherries
* Microwave Popcorn (homemade)
* French Onion Dip & Chips
* Zucchini Bread
* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
Your most Frequently Asked Questions about our weekly Menu Plans are available here.
Our own garden is producing cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, fresh tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and eggplant.
For those that are just joining our weekly menus, we do raise our own chickens (for fresh eggs) and get about a dozen per day- So if you’re noticing a large number of eggs in our menu, that’s why!
If you haven’t read our eBook yet, “The 2012 Family Guide to groceries under $250” check it out 🙂
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / robynmac
Be the first to comment