2012 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #33-Last week we mentioned how things have a tendency to come up last minute that alter the weeks menu plans- this week was a doozy! One of the kids made the mistake of leaving the freezer door ajar all Night long and accidentally thawed out several pounds of halibut, scallops, a package of steaks, a few pounds of chicken breast, 2 pkgs raspberries/blackberries, phyllo dough and a few packages of frozen veggies. This weeks menu plan is based almost entirely on the fact that we didn’t want any of this food to go to waste!
We purchased the following items for this weeks menu- avocados, colored bell peppers, broccoli, bella mushrooms, yogurt, pears, plums, nectarines, sharp cheddar cheese, dried beans, flour, sugar, lettuce, celery, bread, brats and milk for a grand total of $41.19
* Breakfast: Yogurt Parfaits with Raspberries/Blackberries
* Lunch: Chicken Salad Wraps
* Dinner: Scallop Stuffed Baked Halibut with Newburg Sauce, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
* Breakfast: scrambled eggs, toast
* Lunch: Potato Broccoli Mandarin Salad & Seared Scallops
* Dinner: Grilled Steak with mushrooms/onions, Broccoli Casserole, salad
* Brunch:Campfire taters, Egg Scramble (Eggs, Onions, Green Peppers, Cheese)
* Midday Meal: Cookout With Friends – bringing Potato Broccoli Mandarin Salad, Homemade Tortilla Chips & Salsa
(Generally speaking, we each bring a dish or two and there’s enough food for the entire neighborhood!)
* Brunch: Fruit-n-Cream Waffles
* Midday Meal:Brats, Salad
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* Ranch Fiesta Dip& Chips, Guacamole
* Fresh Fruit- pears, nectarines
* Homemade Tortilla Chips & Salsa
* Pickled Eggs
* Hard Cheese (Sharp Cheddar), Crackers
* Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
* Orange Sherbet
A few things I’d like to share: The tomatoes, eggs & jalapenos mentioned in this weeks menu are from our garden and our own chickens. We have a few more “sweets” than normal due to the freezer incident and a couple birthdays.
Your most Frequently Asked Questions about our weekly Menu Plans are available here.
If you haven’t read our eBook yet, “The 2012 Family Guide to groceries under $250” check it out 🙂
If you are struggling to reduce your own grocery bill and would like additional assistance, check out our $50 Menu plan help across the USA. As an added advantage, if we choose your request for assistance & provide a spotlight menu for your zipcode, we’ll also provide you with a free copy of our eBook to help get you started!
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / LSaloni