Week 6 Grocery Notes: Recently in our area I discovered a wonderful fruit and vegetable stand. Sometimes, the prices are dirt cheap and other times, they are considerably higher. It seems to be a hit or miss thing. This week I was able to score the fruits and veggies shown here for a total of $12. between Aldi’s and the local fruit and vegetable stand in town.
Sometimes, Items are so cheap at the store, it isn’t worth making your own, as you can see from the Cinnamon Raisin bagels I found at Aldis. I managed to find a great deal on thick pork chops at Sam’s club- and packaged those up in meal-size packages and froze for later use.
February 7th – February 13th
- Breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin Bagels/Cream Cheese
- Lunch: Tuna Melts
- Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Breakfast: Cantaloupe Chunks with Honey-Lime Dip
- Lunch: Ramen Noodles & Peanut butter sandwich
- Dinner: Sesame Chicken, Jasmine Rice, Fresh Steamed Broccoli
- Breakfast:Banana Nut Muffins
- Lunch: Apple Cabbage Toss & Sweet Potato Fries
- Dinner: Corn Chowder & Biscuits
- Breakfast:morning Sunrise(made with leftover biscuits rather than english muffins)
- Lunch:grilled cheese
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken & Au Gratin Cabbage
- Breakfast:pancakes or french toast sticks
- Lunch: leftover Corn Chowder
- Dinner: Baked Tater Taco’s
- Breakfast:Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quesadillas
- Lunch:chicken salad wraps
- Dinner: “Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen.
- Breakfast:French Toast or Waffles (made ahead of time and Frozen)
- Lunch:Egg Salad Sandwiches with Lettuce
- Dinner: Grilled Pork with Pear Salsa
Various Snacks:Fruit was in abundance this week!
- Fresh Fruit- (Apples, Banana’s, Pears) – as you can see, there was a wide variety this week!
- Apples w/ Peanut Butter
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Homemade Microwave Popcorn
- Iced Tea or herbal teas
- Guava & Mango Juice
- Homemade Lemonade
:chef: A few things I’d like to share:
If you’re just tuning in to this series, you may have noticed that we use eggs quite a bit, this is because we raise chickens, eggs are a plenty!