Week 7 Grocery Notes:Once again, boneless skinless chicken breast is available dirt cheap at only $1.77 per pound. It’s a great time to take advantage of the sales and buy several packages and vacuum seal them for future meals.
Strawberries are starting to come into season- they aren’t dirt cheap yet, but they are certainlyaffordable. Using the grocery guide this week we were able to get Romaine Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes, radishes, green peppers, broccoli, carrots, celery, 2 gallons of milk, ground turkey, potatoes and sugar. Since the freezers are now nearly full due to the recent deals, next week’s grocery budget allotment will go towards restocking the pantry.
February 14th – February 20th
Monday 14th: Valentines Day!
- Breakfast: Cereal
- Lunch: grilled cheese & side salad
- Dinner: Healthy Loaded Nachos
- Dessert: Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- Breakfast: poached eggs on toast
- Lunch: Taco Salad (Leftover taco meat mix from night before on bed of lettuce w/ black olives, chopped tomatoes, diced hardboiled egg and bit of shredded cheese)
- Dinner: Chicken Vegetable Stew, cornbread
- Breakfast:Southwestern Eggs Benedict (this uses leftover cornbread)
- Lunch:Leftover Chicken Vegetable Stew, cornbread
- Dinner: Grilled Steak, Salad, Baked Potato (Steaks were from week #4!)
- Breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin Bagels/Cream Cheese
- Lunch:egg salad Sandwiches
- Dinner: Pork Chop Scalloped Potato Casserole,Biscuits
- Breakfast:Egg & Cheese Biscuits
- Lunch:Leftover Scalloped Potatoes & Side Salad
- Dinner: Bacon Spinach Rotini
- Breakfast:Oatmeal or Muffins
- Lunch: Spinach Dip Bread Bowls & Side salad
- Dinner: “Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen.
Daytona500 Sunday 20th:
- Breakfast: Homemade Toaster Strudels
- Lunch & Dinner:Potluck Party for the Daytona500!
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
- Fresh Fruit- (Apples, Bananas)
- BBQ Potato Chips (Homemade)
- Salt & Vinegar Chips (Homemade)
- Homemade Microwave Popcorn
- Iced Tea or herbal teas
:chef: A few things I’d like to share:
While making and preparing meals, there are several items that may come to mind that are not included in the weekly grocery lists- such as condiments. Oftentimes these are purchased during “pantry restocking” weeks (like Next week!). This is planned according to expected seasonal sale flows.