2012 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #44: As promised last week, this week is a pantry restocking week. At the same time, we’ll be adding in a few halloween treats as well . .
This week we took advantage of the great deals available on canned & baking goods and restocked the pantry with flour, sugar, several spices, canned beans (several varieties), dried beans (several varieties), Chicken stock (it was dirt cheap!!), whole pumpkin, apples, butternut squash, lettuce, green peppers, celery, milk, yeast, garlic, pecans, crescent roll dough, and smoked mini sausages. Total spent was $51.91
- Breakfast:Pumpkin Bread with Maple Nut Butter
- Lunch: Pumpkin Quesadillas
- Dinner:Gnarled Witches Fingers, Mashed Zombie Innards (garlic Smashed Potatoes)
Wednesday 31st: Happy Halloween! Blessed Samhain!!
- Breakfast:Sliced apples with Festive Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Lunch: Meatloaf Sandwiches
- Dinner: Smoky Mummies, Salad
Thursday Nov. 1st
- Breakfast: Toasted Cinnamon Apple Quesadillas
- Lunch: Dilled Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner:Bacon Spinach Rotini
- Breakfast: poached eggs on toast
- Lunch: Leftover Bacon Spinach Rotini
- Dinner:Roasted Butternut Squash Beef Stew
- Breakfast: Hash Browns, Veggie & Cheese Omelets
- Midday Meal: Game Day Get-together with friends, bringing marinated pork chops, Game Day Whoopie Pies
- Breakfast:Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
- Dinner:“Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen.
- Deviled Eggs
- Fresh Fruit- Apples, Pumpkins
- Game Day Whoopie Pies
- Microwave Popcorn
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
A few things I’d like to share:
If you’ve just started following our Menu plan you’ll see that we use quite a few eggs. We raise our own chickens and gather 8-30 eggs per day, depending on weather.
Visit our Sales cycles page for a complete list of expected Sales Items for November