2012 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #52: Wow- we’ve hit week #52!! That’s 2 full years of $50 weekly menu plans of how we feed our family of 4 for only $50 per week! This weeks menu plan is a bit different due to holiday plans, but without further ado, here it is . . .
This week we picked up extra fruit and veggies as we’ll have extended family staying with us through the week. For $48.77 we picked up the following: Whole ham, lettuce, cranberries, celery, potatoes, pomegranates, grapefruits, celery, cucumbers, fresh pineapple, hard cheese, grits, yogurt, grape tomatoes, green beans, whole chickens (dirt cheap this week!), cabbage, carrots, dried peas, milk, bread
There are still a few leftover pieces of fruit from last week to be eaten this week as well.
- Breakfast:Sausage Grits Casserole (thanks to a wonderful neighbor who brought it over as a welcome to our family!!), fresh Biscuits & Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Lunch: Tomato basil pasta with Garlic Sauce
- Dinner:Baked Spiral Ham, Biscuits, salad, honey glazed roasted carrots, salad, riced potatoes
Tuesday 25th: Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Brunch:Land o’ Nod Cinnamon Rolls, coffee, fresh grapefruit halves, pineapple slices
- Dinner:Dinner with Friends/Family, bringing fresh yeast rolls, cranberry Cream Relish Appetizer, deviled eggs
- Breakfast:Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits, Toasted Biscuits w/Holiday Cranberry Butter
- Lunch: Boxing Day Lunch out- Mom’s Treat
- Dinner: Split Pea Soup with Ham
- Breakfast:Southern Charm Oatmeal
- Lunch: Leftover Soup/ or Ham Sandwiches
- Dinner:Beer Can Chicken, potato salad, coleslaw
- Breakfast: Broiled Grapefruit & Toast
- Lunch: Grilled Chicken & Apple Sandwiches
- Dinner:Baked Stuffed Halibut with newburg sauce, baked potato wedges, Coleslaw
- Breakfast:Donut Muffins
- Midday:Holiday Party with friends- bringing Pot of Chili/Cornbread
- Breakfast: Eggs, Toast, Coffee/Hot Chocolate
- Lunch: PB & J or grilled cheese
- Dinner:Creamy Broccoli Pie
- Deviled Eggs. Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fresh Fruit- Pineapples, Pomegranates, Cranberries, grapefruit
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
Drinks included:* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Mulled Cranberry Juice
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
A few things I’d like to share: If you’re just joining us, I would like to mention that we raise our own chickens for fresh eggs, which is why you’ll never see them listed in the groceries purchased. The Halibut we caught ourselves, the cranberry juice was purchased on sale in previous weeks.
In addition, in previous weeks those who are just joining us got the wrong impression that we purchase EVERYTHING at once for each weeks menu plan. This is not the case at all, nor do we recommend it. We are incorporating items purchased or home canned weeks ago into the menu plan this week. For example, back on week #39 we purchased over 40 pounds of meat- I promise you we didn’t eat that all that week! For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Current Sales Trends-not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of December, so you know what savings to expect
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– a few of the most often asked questions regarding our $50 menu plans
- Basic Questions– Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / HHLtDave5
Thank you for sharing your menus for 2012! I hope that you continue throughout 2013 as Mondays have become my favorite day since I look forward to checking out your menu while putting my own together.
Have a very Merry Christmas!!
I am really glad I found this site and it’s sister. I enjoy the articles and ideas for menu planning. They have given my family some variety. I hope to continue reading for 2013.
Would love to see more gardening ideas, maybe some indoor gardening for the winter months.
Thank you so much for the feedback, I’ll definitely keep all requests in mind when adding new menu’s this year. Regarding the indoor gardening and gardening ideas- those would be shared on our sister site, Budget101.com rather than here on grocerybudget101.
Here is a Rustic Planter Idea for Kitchen Herb Gardening:
More Gardening Ideas:
We always read the feedback shared and try to add requested items as much as possible.
thank you for another year of inspiring menus and all the hard work that put into sharing all that you do with us. Looking forward to another great year.