2013 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #15: You may have noticed that we went MIA last week, but have no fear, we’re not going anywhere! This weeks menu plan came to $49.18 and includes the following:
Fresh Oranges, bananas, mangoes, pears, artisan lettuce, celery, bell peppers, radishes, fresh spinach, granny smith apples, milk, cranberry juice, Cauliflower, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, zucchini, green tea, regular tea, limes, coffee, tortillas (Yup, they’re on sale and it’s cheaper this week to buy them then it is to make them!), frozen blueberries, and vanilla yogurt.
Breakfast Choices this week: Breakfast is hit or miss in our house, some days the kids eat a few things, some days they grab a piece of fruit and a mug of coffee.
With that in mind, Here are this weeks Breakfast options:
- Homemade Granola
- Blushing Pears
- Fruit Parfaits
- Guilt Free Cinnamon Mango Muffins
- Egg White Omelets (Egg whites, diced veggies, seasonings)
- Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quesadillas
- Eggs- Poached, scrambled, fried, etc
- Country Breakfast Casserole (Few alterations to the recipe- I make my own sausageusing ground turkey & use my own shredded hash browns, rather than buying them).
- Fresh Fruit (always available)
MondayApril 8th, 2013:
Tuesday April 9th
- Lunch: Leftover Parm Chicken Wraps
- Dinner:Chop Suey & Garlic Bread
Wednesday April 10th:
- Lunch: leftover chop suey
- Dinner:No Mac Cauliflower & Cheese & Salad
Thursday April 11th:
Friday April 12th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chowder or Salads
- Dinner:Key West Grilled Chicken, Caribbean Rice, Spring Salad
Saturday April 13th:
- Lunch: key west wraps
- Dinner:Meatball Stew, Biscuits
Sunday April 14th:
- Lunch- Leftovers from the week
- Dinner-Dinner with Friends/Family- big potluck gathering!
- Fresh Fruit– Apples, Bananas, Pears
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- No Bake Nutella Dreams
- Granny Smith Apples, Cinnamon walnut cherry Cheeseball
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Double Chocolate Lava Cakes
Drinks Available:A note about our drink offerings, while we do always have coffee and tea in the house, coffee is usually with breakfast, hot tea is usually in the evening and for the most part our other drinks consist of Water. We don’t “drink milk” at all.* Iced Tea (Unsweetened & Sweet Tea, various flavors)
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
A few things we’d like to share with you: We realize that last week’s menu plan is missing, it’s because we were on a family vacation and we had no idea what the menu would actually be. We’ll be touching on that more this week on our sister site, Budget101.com on how to have an amazing vacation for about $45 a day per person!
It has been brought to our attention that a few folks who are just joining us are getting the wrong impression that we purchase EVERYTHING at once for each weeks menu plan. This is not the case at all, nor do we recommend it. We are incorporating items purchased or home canned weeks ago into the menu plan this week.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- April Sales Trends-not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of April, so you know what savings to expect
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– a few of the most often asked questions regarding our $50 menu plans