2013 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #27: The summer heat is really kicking in and we’re doing our best to keep the house cool and avoid heavy meals during the day. As such, we’ve chosen a lighter fare menu plan for lunchtime this week. Total spent was a mere… $37.69 We purchased yogurt, sweet potatoes, shrimp, strawberries, kiwi, pears, spinach, onions, peanuts, walnuts, cashews, raisins, coconut, cabbage & bread.
The following items included in this weeks menu plan were harvested from our small garden: Fresh radishes, tomatoes, jalapenos, Zucchini, Summer Squash, cucumbers, fresh beets, a few carrots, okra and green peppers. We picked blackberries and blueberries locally.
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Toasted English Muffins with Homemade Blackberry Jam
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/bacon/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Vanilla Yogurt with berries & granola
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Cranberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Cakes (recipe coming wednesday!)
- Morning Sunrise (Egg over easy with fresh sliced garden tomato & slice of cheese)
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwiches
- Dinner: Summer Squash/ Zucchini Sausage Casserole
Tuesday July 2nd:
- Lunch: Fresh Garden Salad & Cucumber Sandwiches
- Dinner:coconut shrimp with basil spinach
Wednesday July 3rd:
- Lunch: Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (these were so good, we HAD to have them again!)
- Dinner: Chicken Alfredo, Balsamic Grilled Veggies
Thursday July 4th:
- Midday:BBQ Gathering with Friends- Making Copycat Applebees BBQ Ribs, cucumber onion salad
Friday July 5th:
- Lunch: Fresh Garden Salad & Wraps using leftover BBQ Meat
- Dinner:Meat Crust Quiche
Saturday July 6th:
- Lunch:Tuna Salad Wraps, cucumber spears
- Dinner: Jalapeno Burgers & Vinegar Coleslaw
Sunday July 7th:
- Lunch: Steamed Beet Greens & Leftover Quiche
- Dinner:Honey Dijon Salmon, Salad
- Fresh Fruit– Home-Canned Peaches, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, blackberries, pears
- Fruit Salsa w/ Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Homemade Trail mix w/ Dried Berries (Cherries, Strawberries, Cranberries,raisins, 4 kinds of nuts)
Drinks Available:A note about our drink offerings, while we do always have coffee and tea in the house, coffee is usually with breakfast, hot tea is usually in the evening and for the most part our other drinks consist of Water. We don’t “drink milk” at all, it is usually used in making homemade yogurt, or in cereals, baking, etc.* Iced Tea (Unsweetened or Sweet Tea)
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- July Sales Trends-not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of June, so you know what savings to expect
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / monkeybusiness