2013 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week#42: This weeks menu focuses on fall salads for lunch, something a bit lighter and healthier in the wake of wrestling season when our boys are striving to cut all fat and eating lots of protein and veggies. Total Spent this week without clipping coupons or cutting out meat a mere $43.15
From the Store & Farmers Market: Artisan lettuce, celery, cucumbers, fresh broccoli, bell peppers, bananas, Vanilla yogurt, sliced American Cheese, raisin bran cereal, pumpkin, mangoes, sweet potatoes, Heavy Cream, zucchini, summer squash, avocadoes, fresh spinach.
It’s important to keep in mind when we post items that we’re frequently purchasing multiples, such as lettuce, we purchased 2 packages of Artisan Lettuce, several pounds of sweet potatoes, etc.
From the Garden: tomatoes, jalapenos
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Fruit Salad- bananas, apples, canned peaches,
- Morning Glory Banana Nut Muffins
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Autumn Apple Cereal Bars
- Banana Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelettes with toast
- Homemade English Muffins
- Caramelized Pumpkin Sticky Buns
- Home-Canned Applesauce & Hot Biscuits
Wrestling Season is nearly here and the kids are eating lots of Eggs- hard-boiled, deviled, Omelets, scrambled, in tortilla wraps, etc. Depending on whether they are cutting for a match or power lifting, they may cut out various components of the meal.
- Lunch: Vegetable Quiche
- Dinner:Grilled Chicken, Copycat Hibachi Steakhouse Stir Fried Rice & Veggies
- Lunch: Cranberry Spinach Salad with leftover Grilled Chicken Chunks
- Dinner:Grilled Halibut with Avocado Mango Salsa, grilled rosemary potato wedges, salad
- Lunch: Fish Tacos (Leftover Halibut)
- Dinner:Mexican Fiesta Casserole
- Lunch:Leftover Mexican Casserole in Wraps
- Dinner: Broccoli Garlic Penne, Homemade Texas Toast
SaturdayOctober 19th :
- Lunch: Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Dinner: Premeditated Leftovers (Casserole, Broccoli/Garlic Penne, etc)
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Apples, Pears, Bananas, Mango
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions– Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn’t Add up– Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren’t listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- October Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of September, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.