2013 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #46: This weeks menu plan consists of super quick meals that take about 20 minutes from start to finish. With wrestling season, theater productions, work, college tours and more filling our schedule, it’s imperative that we find dirt cheap meals that are quick and easy! Here’s what we spent . . .
A grand total this week of $36.99 was spent on the following:
From the Farmers Market & Store: cream cheese, artisan lettuce, bell peppers, celery, vanilla yogurt, butternut squash, bananas, apples, grape tomatoes, soy sauce, Lachoy Sweet & Sour Sauce, Mandarin oranges, summer squash, zucchini
From the Garden: jalapenos
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Apples, Bananas, pomegranates & Fresh Pineapple from last week
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Buttermilk Scones
- Bacon Egg & cheese biscuits
- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagels or Onion Bagels
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelets with toast
- Autumn Apple Cereal Bars
- Toast & Coffee
- biscuits & Coffee
- English Muffins with Homemade Jam & Coffee
- Fruit & Cream Oatmeal
We’re really not all that elaborate on breakfast. Most of the household prefers coffee & toast, even our teens, who frequently just grab a piece of fresh fruit to eat mid-morning.
Monday November 11th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chili Casserole in Wraps or just heated
- Dinner: Sweet & Sour Pork, Hibachi Fried Rice with white sauce
Tuesday November 12th:
- Lunch: Leftover Sweet & Sour Pork & Rice in a Wrap
- Dinner: Bacon Jalapeno Butternut Squash Soup, fresh biscuits
Wednesday November 13th:
- Lunch: Leftover Bacon jalapeno butternut squash soup or BLT’s
- Dinner: Tortilla Soup with Black Beans, Cornbread
Thursday November 14th:
Friday November 15th:
- Lunch: Tuna Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Salisbury Steak & Gravy, garlic smashed potatoes, salad
Saturday November 16th: Get together with friends (These are potluck style with everyone bringing a dish)
- Midday: Bringing a Pot of Yankee Chili
Sunday November 17th:
- Lunch: Leftovers from yesterdays gathering, chili, pasta salads, etc
- Dinner: Roasted Lemon Chicken, Rice seasoned with Cumin, rosemary & roasted corn
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Pears, Apples, Bananas, Home Canned Peaches
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
- Pickled Eggs
- Homemade Eclairs
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Microwave Popcorn
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions–Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn’t Add up– Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren’t listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- November Sales Trends–not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of November so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / igordutina