2013 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #47: Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and it’s a great time to stock up on baking items (chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc), fill the freezer with extra whole turkeys, ham and enjoy the full flavors of the season. This weeks menu is in preparation for the entire upcoming year as we stock up on . . .
From the Farmers Market & Store: Artisan Lettuce, apples, potatoes (1.69 for 10#’s!), cream cheese, celery, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, fresh cranberries, whole pineapple, 50# Real Butter- NOT margarine (for $1.69 a Pound), cabbage, bananas, hot dog buns (for mini meatball subs), sprouts
Total spent this week $107.13– Yes, I realize this is over budget this week, however, we are still within our allotted budget as we had additional monies carried over from previous weeks:
Week #46 spent $36.99, rolled over 13.01
Week #45rolled over $1.68
Week #44 rolled over $31.32
We always wait until this time of year to purchase butter at ridiculously low prices compared with the rest of the year. I fill the top shelf of the freezer and this alone saves us an average of $200 per year. Since we already have a turkey in the freezer that was purchased during the last sale, we’ll wait until the first of December to pick up any more.
From the Garden: jalapenos
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Bananas & Fresh Pineapple, Home Canned Peaches
- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagels or Onion Bagels
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelets with toast
- Cranberry Walnut Bread
- Toast & Coffee
- Cranberry Almond Oatmeal
- English Muffins with Homemade Jam & Coffee
- Fruit & Cream Oatmeal
We’re really not all that elaborate on breakfast. Most of the household prefers coffee & toast, even our teens, who frequently just grab a piece of fresh fruit to eat mid-morning.
Monday November 18th:
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese or PB&J
- Dinner: Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken, Baked Potato, Salad
Tuesday November 19th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chipotle Chicken Sandwich Wraps
- Dinner: Pressure Cooker Corned Beef Dinner, Boiled Potatoes, Carrots, Cabbage
Wednesday November 20th:
- Lunch: Egg Drop Soup
- Dinner: Corned Beef Hash, Eggs, Toast
Thursday November 21st:
- Lunch: Dill egg salad wraps
- Dinner: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Salad
Friday November 22nd:
- Lunch: Meatball Subs (using hot dog buns and leftover meatballs)
- Dinner: Garlic Asian Noodles, Grilled Teriyakki Chicken
Saturday November 23rd: Tailgate Party Event Get together with friends (These are potluck style with everyone bringing a dish)
- Midday: Chinese Chop Suey over Jasmine Rice
Sunday November 24th:
- Lunch: Rotini anti-Pasta salad, tuna wrap (or leftovers from the fridge)
- Dinner: Corn Chowder & Yeast Rolls
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Apples, Bananas, Home Canned Peaches
- Homemade Eclairs
- Microwave Popcorn
- Apples & Carrots with Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheeseball
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions–Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn’t Add up– Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren’t listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- November Sales Trends–not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of November so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / HHLtDave5