2013 $50 Weekly Menu Plan Week #49: Fundraisers galore! As the holidays roll around fundraisers seem to pop up everywhere and our area is no exception. Although it’s not a great deal money wise, we opted to support our local school district and buy a bushel of citrus fruit. This week we purchased the following . . .
From the Farmers Market & Store: Citrus Fruit (Grapefruit, Oranges, Tangelos) Artisan Lettuce, apples, cream cheese, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, pomegranates, tuna, vanilla yogurt, powdered milk, sour cream, cranberries, frozen berries, Total spent $52.66 (have veggies leftover from last week that need to be eaten as well!)
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Bananas, apples, grapefruit, oranges, tangelos, pomegranates
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Toasted Biscuits with Cranberry Butter
- Grapefruit halves & Toast
- Cinnamon Apple Pecan Oatmeal
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelets with toast
- Blueberries & Cream Oatmeal
- English Muffins with Homemade Jam & Coffee
- Fruit & Cream Oatmeal
- Harvest Peach Jam Breakfast Bars
We’re really not all that elaborate on breakfast. Most of the household prefers coffee & toast, even our teens, who
frequently just grab a piece of fresh fruit to eat mid-morning.
- Lunch: Leftover Chop Suey
- Dinner: Grilled Seasoned chicken over Citrus garden salad, (pictured)
- Lunch: Chicken Salad wraps with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Dinner: No Mac Cauliflower & Cheese, Salad
- Midday: Get together with Friends/Family- bringing Chicken Bog
Sunday December 8th:
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops, Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes, Salad
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Apples, Bananas, Home Canned Peaches
- Apple Slices with Cinnamon Apple Cheeseball
- Microwave Popcorn
- Deconstructed Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Almond Spritz Cookies
- Peppermint Popcorn
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions–Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn’t Add up– Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren’t listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- November Sales Trends–not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of November so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / HHLtDave5