2014 $50 Budget Menu Plan Week #8: Winter has reared its ugly head far too frequently the past week and a half leaving thick ice in its wake. The only benefit to this nastiness is the sudden desire to eat more soups, stews and chili, which are not only filling, but dirt cheap as well. This weeks menu plan came to $38.64 and this is how it all comes together . . .
We picked up 10# of Ground Turkey, fresh pineapple, gala apples, onions, broccoli, strawberries, bananas, fresh mushrooms, pepperoni, lettuce, celery, carrots, lemons, tomatoes, Milk (to make Yogurt & Cheese). We still have fresh bell peppers from last week
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (Getting nearly 2 dozen per day again!)
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Fruit – Apples, Bananas, Fresh Berries, fresh pineapple
As usual We’ll throw together a fruit salad to snack on and eat for breakfast, along with the following choices:
- Donut Muffins
- Cinnamon Cherry Cheeseball & Apple Slices
- Egg McMuffins (on homemade english Muffins)
- Poached eggs on toast
- Egg White Omelets (Egg whites, diced veggies, seasonings)
- Strawberry & Pineapple Smoothies
- Tropical Delight Coconut Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Fruit/Berry Yogurt Parfaits
Monday February 17th:
Tuesday Feb 18th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken/Broccoli Stir Fry
- Dinner: Italian Potato Torta, salad
Wednesday Feb 19th:
- Lunch: Sun Dried Tomato Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Grilled Steaks (Venison), Salad, Garlic Herb Potatoes
Thursday Feb 20th:
- Lunch: Leftover Torta
- Dinner: Pepperoni Stew
Friday Feb 21st:
Saturday Feb 22nd:
- Lunch: Whitefish Veggie Casserole (pictured)
- Dinner: “Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen
Sunday Feb 23rd: Daytona 500!
Lunch & Dinner:Potluck Party for the Daytona500!
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Apples, Bananas, Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Berries
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Microwave Popcorn
- Blue Ribbon Lemon Bars
Drinks Available:* Iced Tea (Unsweetened or Sweet Tea)
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions–Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn’t Add up– Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren’t listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- February Sales Trends–not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of January so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / ajafoto