2014 $50 Budget Menu Plan Weeks #40 and #41:October is already in full swing and there are some great deals to be found, for example, it’s National Pork Month, so you’re likely to see deals on various cuts of pork, sausage, and more…
At this point, pork is the only thing that is Overly abundant in the freezer, purchasing a few pounds here and a few pounds there the last few months has made a difference. It seems like the days of stocking up with one big shopping trip just don’t seem to be working out for us. We keep waiting and waiting for that decent sale to hit and they’re just not coming. So, we’ll do what we’ve always done, we’ll plug along and see how it goes.
This week we purchased the following: Potatoes, Heavy Cream, Kale, Cabbage, Asparagus, 10 lbs ground turkey, cream cheese, sour cream, zucchini, shrimp, coffee, flour, panko, asparagus, lettuce, cucumber, celery, bell peppers, feta cheese, olive oil, frozen sweet pea pods, sesame oil, bulk seasonings, kiwi, nectarines, plums, tuna, heavy cream, Total Spent $79.51
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (approximately 18-30 per Day),
From our Windowsill/ Garden: Fresh Herbs (Cilantro, Parsley, Rosemary, dill, oregano, basil, mint), jalapeno peppers, Butternut Squash, Hubbard Squash
- Breakfast Burritos
- Homemade English Muffins with scrambled eggs, cheese
- pears, nectarines, plums
- Toasted Biscuits with Apple Butter
- Eggs: hard-boiled, poached, over easy, fried, omelets, Frittatas
- Caramelized Pumpkin Sticky Buns
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Lunches:As we’ve mentioned in the past, we’re really not big lunch eaters, but here are a few options that are available: Leftovers, PB & J, Egg Salad Wraps, Tuna Salad Wraps, Hummus Wraps
Monday October 6th:
- Dinner: Copycat Manwich,Salad
- Dinner: Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup& Crusty Garlic Bread
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken with Chiptole Mayoon Homemade Pretzel Buns
- Dinner: Lemon Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
- Dinner: Venison Roast with Roasted asparagus spears, rosemary potatoes
- Dinner: Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Basil Pesto, Grilled Pork
- Dinner: Chicken Spiedies, Macaroni Salad
- Dinner: Asian Stir Fried veggies over Jasmine rice with homemade Pork Egg Rolls(using leftover pork from saturday)
- Dinner: California Halibut (or Whitefish) Bake, Baked Potato, salad
- Dinner: Fall Harvest Casserole
- Dinner: Sesame Chicken, Jasmine Rice, Steamed Broccoli
- Dinner: marinated Spicy Pork Chops, beets, Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Dinner: Game Day Tailgate Bites& Get Potluck together with friends
- Dinner: Southeastern Chicken Stew, Cornbread
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Pears & More Pears , Bananas, Apples
- Maple Almond Scones
- Copycat Nutrigrain Bars
- Vidalia Onion Dip
- Yogurt Parfaits
Drinks Available: * Iced Tea (Unsweetened or Sweet Tea)
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
FYI: The last couple of weeks we’ve mentioned venison, this is another of those “use what you have” menu additions. Also, the whitefish mentioned in this weeks menu was fish that we caught while fishing.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions– There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we’ve put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions–Why we don’t provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren’t in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions– more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn’t Add up– Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren’t listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- October Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of July so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month– a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA–Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later – if you gain nothing else from this site, don’t overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family
Be the first to comment