2015 $75 Budget Menu Plan Week 4: This weeks menu plan is all about convenience, eating healthy and sticking with the new years resolutions!
This week we purchased the following: Perdue Chicken Wings, spinach, lettuce, alfredo sauce (jar), cream cheese, tortilla chips, pepperoni, garbanzo beans, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, navel oranges, cake mix, grapefruit, colby jack cheese, carrots, grape tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, apples
Total spent this week on groceries: $51.74 (Even with last weeks Meat restocking week, we still came in at less than $300 this month!)
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (down to about 12-15 a day)
From our Windowsill/ Garden: a few fresh herbs, cilantro, basil, parsley and rosemary
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Guilt Free Blueberry Muffins
- Fresh Fruit (Bananas, Grapefruit, Oranges, Apples)
- Guilt Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- Eggs-poached, over-easy, hard boiled, scrambled with leftover sauteed veggies & a sprinkle of cheese, etc
Lunch Options for this week:
- Leftovers (Meatball Stew, Carolina BBQ Pulled Pork, quiche, etc)
- Shredded Pork Wraps
- Deviled Eggs
- Tuna Salad
- Egg saladsandwiches or wraps
Monday January 26th :
- Dinner: Bacon Spinach Veggie Quiche(I’m following a low carb meal plan right now so we’ll be using ramekins to make individual serving sizes. For the kids, they’ll have the pie crust base, for the adults who have been working out, the crust will be omitted!)
Wednesday January 28th:
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken breast with Cranberry Chutney, Roasted Sweet potato halves, salad
Thursday January 29th:
- Dinner: Hearty Meatball Spinach Stewwith cornbread
Friday January 30th:
- Dinner: White Chicken Chili,(leftover cornbread) Again- the cornbread is more for the kids, chances are we wont be eating any of those extra carbs!
Saturday January 31st:
Sunday February 1st: SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, GO PATRIOTS!!!
- Game Day Menu Plan: Traditional Pork Butt Carolina BBQ (Shredded Pork with a Mustard Sauce Base, recipe to follow later in the week!), Hot Wings(of course), Football Whoopie Pies, spinach artichoke dipwith tortilla chips, bacon jalapeno cheeseball w/ crackers
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available– Apples, Bananas, Grapefruit, Oranges
- Broiled Grapefruit
- Guilt Free Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Brownies
- Hard Boiled Eggs (Perfect munchie item midday, packs a great protein punch)
- Homemade Beef Jerky
Drinks Available: * Iced Tea (Unsweetened or Sweet Tea)
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
FYI:The cranberries mentioned in this weeks menu plan were purchased on sale in December at aldi for .25 per bag. They were on sale and although I was fairly well “cranberried” out, I tossed the bags into the freezer for later use. Unfortunately, I didn’t take the time to vacuum seal them, which is why I’m scrambling now to use them in a few recipes.
Although we’re watching our sugar and carb intake, having just a touch of something sweet with dinner makes it easier to stick with our resolutions.
The jalapenos mentioned in this weeks menu were grown in our garden last year and frozen until needed.
Brief Recap of January 2015
- Week 1of January we spent $70.79
- Weeks 2 & 3 we spent $168.67 (Meat Restocking Week 68lbs pork, 80lbs Venison)
- Week 4 we spent $51.74
Total for the Month of January $291.20