September Seasonal Sales Cycles – the following information is a compiled list that takes the following factors into consideration: Traditional Sales/Deals, Occasions, National Monthly Promotions, as well as Produce in season for the month of September.
Occasions to be aware of:
- Labor Day
- Patriot Day
- Autumn Begins
- Rosh Hashanah
Traditional September Promotions:
- Baby Safety Month
- Better Breakfast month
- National Chicken Month
- National Coupon Month
- National Dog Week (9/21 – 9/27)
- National Honey Month
- National Potato Month
- National Rice Month
- National Organic Harvest Month
- National Sewing Month
- Hispanic Heritage Month (September – October)
Fruits & Vegetables that are in Season for the Month of September:
- New– Means the item just came into season
- Peak – at it’s best Price and Availability
- Waning– means it’s availability is declining- it’s going out of season
|Fruits in Season||Status ||Veggies In Season||status|
|Apples, Macintosh||Peak||Beans, Fresh Shelling||Peak|
|Fuyu Persimmons||Celeriac/Celery Root||New|
Sales & Deals you can Normally Expect in September:
- Back to School Deals-School supplies, kids clothing sales, lunchbox foods/meals, pudding cups, lunch meat, breads, cold cereals,waffles, school supplies, office supplies such as pens, markers, crayons, glue, backpacks, folders- College Student Deals- dorm room supplies
- Baby Products- all types of baby products, baby safety, general baby merchandise
- Cold & Flu Products- typically you’ll see a release of a large number of coupons for savings on cold and flu products, print these nowand save them and you’ll be able to use them to save big in another 6-8 weeks (often getting FREE Medicine)
- Diabetic Supplies– diabetic meters, glucerna, boost, all supplies
- Tomato Products- spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce
Keep an eye out for 75% of deals on BBQ & Picnic Supplies
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / grgroup
good to see figs as a seasonal fruit – even if they are waning.
I went to buy some for a fruit salad recipe that included peaches, figs and dates. the store – Raley’s – said they were a spring fruit. Made me wonder about the recipe then as it included a summer fruit – peaches with a spring fruit – figs.
Glad to know that they were wrong about the figs.
Sounds good and delicious….love fruits
I really would like to find a way to keep fruit. I dont like the idea of eating canned fruit that comes from China. Since that has happened I have not eaten any canned fruit. I wish we could get together and get companies to stop sending jobs to China etc.
I have frozen some things like blueberries and raspberries. But what can we do about peaches, pears, apples, and oranges
We try to eat yogurt and add fruit to get our daily allowance of fruit.