These make a wonderful side dish
* 2 medium sweet potatoes
* 1 can(s) (15-ounce) black beans, rinsed
* 1 medium tomato, diced
* 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
* 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat sour cream
* 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro
Prick the sweet potato with a fork (microwave on high until tender or bake until tender), Combine beans, tomato, oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a small saucepan and heat until warmed through.
If making these as a MEAL-
Cut the potato in the middle, spoon a well, fill with tomato bean mixture, top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
If making these as a SIDE Dish to Accompany a Meal:
Split each potato down the middle, creating 4 halves, spoon a well in the middle, fill with tomato bean mix, top with sour cream and chopped cilantro
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.