- April 9, 2012 at 10:17 am #8782
This is like a family size Denver (or “Western”) omelet that is great for a weekend family breakfast dish. Low Carb dieters can use low or nonfat versions of the ingredients to reduce the calorie count as well.
Here’s a great recipe to use with leftover ham!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 pint (16 oz) sour cream
- 12 oz shredded cheese – jack and/or cheddar
- 1 lb cooked ham, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Saute onion, pepper, and garlic until beginning to soften.
Whip eggs and sour cream together with salt and pepper
Dump half of the cheese into a 9X13 baking dish, followed by the ham, the rest of the cheese, and the vegetables. Pour the egg mixture over the whole thing.
4. Bake 50-60 minutes, until top is golden brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean (or almost so – it will continue to cook for a few minutes afterwards).
Serves 8.July 6, 2012 at 12:43 am #14179
This sounds yummy, I think I’ll try it the weekend since for once I have all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing.July 8, 2012 at 11:13 am #14185
Yum is right! The only thing this recipe is missing is 1 cup of Chopped Jalapeno! :tulip-icon:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.